Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter Reviews
RE: Oximeter Reviews
Also check Supplier #19 for prices.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(05-24-2018, 03:59 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I'm trying to provide you with information on things that can happen ahead of your CMS-50 implementation so you won't be surprised or concerned.  Rapid movement or bumping of the finger sensor will produce artifacts (outliers).  I believe that the sample rate is every six seconds.  The last statement is provided in case the topic comes up at a cocktail party. Big Grin
- Red

Haha -- thanks - 
 If ever I go to a cocktail party, I will have a topic of conversation!   Too-funny

(And good to know about artifacts - thanks)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 04:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Also check Supplier #19 for prices.
Thanks  PaulaO2
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the CMS-50F to monitor my son's nighttime O2 sats, and it has worked well. I have not been able to import data from the oximeter into Sleepyhead, but I don't believe I have tried the fix mentioned earlier in the thread yet.

I like the CMS-50 for nighttime use, but I don't think it is the right choice to monitor your son's O2 sats during the day. For a time my son's daytime O2 sats were a concern and I tried to use my CMS-50 to monitor daytime O2 levels, but the high level of artifact rendered the all the data completely useless. I tried snugly taping the sensor to my son's finger, but we still did not get any usable data. In my opinion the main fault of the CMS-50 is the loose finger sleeve.

I don't know if insurance will cover it, but it might be worth a try to ask his doctor if they could prescibe your son a medical grade oximeter. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(05-24-2018, 05:43 PM)ColoradoMom Wrote: I use the CMS-50F to monitor my son's nighttime O2 sats, and it has worked well. I have not been able to import data from the oximeter into Sleepyhead, but I don't believe I have tried the fix mentioned earlier in the thread yet.

I like the CMS-50 for nighttime use, but I don't think it is the right choice to monitor your son's O2 sats during the day. For a time my son's daytime O2 sats were a concern and I tried to use my CMS-50 to monitor daytime O2 levels, but the high level of artifact rendered the all the data completely useless. I tried snugly taping the sensor to my son's finger, but we still did not get any usable data. In my opinion the main fault of the CMS-50 is the loose finger sleeve.

I don't know if insurance will cover it, but it might be worth a try to ask his doctor if they could prescibe your son a medical grade oximeter. Good luck!

Thank you... very good to know. We will stick with O2 Vibe for during the day :Smile
Thanks for input.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the CMS-50F and have used it for about 1 month and it works great (imported to sleepyhead) 
Import your latest C pap and open it then change to the wizard and import straight from the oximeter using the time from the Cpap to update CMS-50.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which pulse oximeter to buy _cy_ 25 5,090 12-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  pluse oximeter/sleepyhead parrot 1 111 11-27-2018, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pulse oximeter Garmin Vivosmart 4 Coffee Man 2 190 11-23-2018, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Stom
  Can I get a free oximeter somehow? Broomstick 8 360 10-26-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  CMS50F OXIMETER LOADS BAD DATA AT START UP Michael Shaw 12 607 10-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Michael Shaw
  Contec CMS50F oximeter accuracy - oxygen drops with one OA more then multiple OA MyronH 2 287 08-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MyronH
Question [Equipment] Why are there so many bad reviews of the Philips Respironics DreamStation? bonum.noctem 20 1,591 08-22-2018, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Apneaway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.