Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter Reviews
RE: Oximeter Reviews
Also check Supplier #19 for prices.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 03:59 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I'm trying to provide you with information on things that can happen ahead of your CMS-50 implementation so you won't be surprised or concerned.  Rapid movement or bumping of the finger sensor will produce artifacts (outliers).  I believe that the sample rate is every six seconds.  The last statement is provided in case the topic comes up at a cocktail party. Big Grin
- Red

Haha -- thanks - 
 If ever I go to a cocktail party, I will have a topic of conversation!   Too-funny

(And good to know about artifacts - thanks)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 04:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Also check Supplier #19 for prices.
Thanks  PaulaO2
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the CMS-50F to monitor my son's nighttime O2 sats, and it has worked well. I have not been able to import data from the oximeter into Sleepyhead, but I don't believe I have tried the fix mentioned earlier in the thread yet.

I like the CMS-50 for nighttime use, but I don't think it is the right choice to monitor your son's O2 sats during the day. For a time my son's daytime O2 sats were a concern and I tried to use my CMS-50 to monitor daytime O2 levels, but the high level of artifact rendered the all the data completely useless. I tried snugly taping the sensor to my son's finger, but we still did not get any usable data. In my opinion the main fault of the CMS-50 is the loose finger sleeve.

I don't know if insurance will cover it, but it might be worth a try to ask his doctor if they could prescibe your son a medical grade oximeter. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 05:43 PM)ColoradoMom Wrote: I use the CMS-50F to monitor my son's nighttime O2 sats, and it has worked well. I have not been able to import data from the oximeter into Sleepyhead, but I don't believe I have tried the fix mentioned earlier in the thread yet.

I like the CMS-50 for nighttime use, but I don't think it is the right choice to monitor your son's O2 sats during the day. For a time my son's daytime O2 sats were a concern and I tried to use my CMS-50 to monitor daytime O2 levels, but the high level of artifact rendered the all the data completely useless. I tried snugly taping the sensor to my son's finger, but we still did not get any usable data. In my opinion the main fault of the CMS-50 is the loose finger sleeve.

I don't know if insurance will cover it, but it might be worth a try to ask his doctor if they could prescibe your son a medical grade oximeter. Good luck!

Thank you... very good to know. We will stick with O2 Vibe for during the day :Smile
Thanks for input.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the CMS-50F and have used it for about 1 month and it works great (imported to sleepyhead) 
Import your latest C pap and open it then change to the wizard and import straight from the oximeter using the time from the Cpap to update CMS-50.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 92 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 675 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 809 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,872 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.