Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter contec 50f+
Oximeter contec 50f+
I must be doing something wrong? 

Sleepyhead and Oscar both tell me to switch on the download option on the menu in order to load oximeter data.  But.....the 50F+ doesnt have a download option on its menu.  Others in the 50 series do - but not the 50F+.  

Help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter contec 50f+
Note that there are two CMS50F selections: The older, origiginal 50f had two sockets, one for the probe and one for the USB cable. Newer ones have only one combined socked, that looks like a micro USB socket, but is actually double-sided. These newer units use the CMS50f37 protocol, which simply requires the oximeter to be turned on before plugging it in.

Make sure you use the cms50F37 selection to import your oximeter data, and import your cpap data first so that you have a session to match it to..
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks for that.

As you had sensed, I have the later 50F with just the single micro USB interface.

I must be going through one of my denser periods as I hadn't previously noticed that CMS50F37 option previously. Having tried it, it does of course now work fine. It must have been that screen message about the need to switch on the download function on the oximeter which made me abandon all hope over recent months.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Pholynyk,

I just purchased a Contact CMS50F on Ebay.  Put it on last night to record the night;  brought up Oscar on my Mac, uploaded the Resmed data for the night and then clicked ont he Oximetry Wizard, set Oximeter Type to CMS50Fv3.7 and clicked impoert from a recording device.  The Wizard scanned for the device and shows could not detect any connected oximeter device.

I downloaded the CMS -50F manual and find that the menu options in the manual shows an upload function that is not shown on the the screen of the unit I purchased.  Did I buy the wrong CMS50F or am I doing something wrong in Oscar?

Thanks for you assistance to all of us struggling with technology.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you downloaded the CP2102 Mac driver?  This is required to use the CMS-50 series on a Mac.

https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Page...ivers.aspx

The upload function is only on the D+ model, to the best of my knowledge. My two CMS-50's (F and I) only require that the unit is connected to the PC and powered up.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just dowloaded the drive and it is now uploading but I do not see any data in Oscar.  How do I find the oximeter data?
Post Reply Post Reply
What date and time did you import it to?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is the problem, I copied the start time from Oscar but the month was off, I set to month 3 rather than 2 ( print very small).  Will Keep trying an hope to get it right tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember:  You are on a Resmed Day.  The current date doesn't start until noon your time.  When importing SpO2 data, the day of use is going to be yesterday's date. . . if that makes a lick of sense.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 150 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 194 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 158 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 235 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 124 19,812 12-28-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.