Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter data
Oximeter data
Hi all,

I purchased a Contec50F oximeter online and uploaded the data to my Mac using the appropriate driver and Sleepyhead.

I stopped using it for a while, and recently tried to use it again. This time, it states that my oximeter is undetected by Sleepyhead. I have redownloaded the driver, and tried different USB ports. Each time, the oximeter is switched on and connected via USB. It is on and charging each time.

I would appreciate any help! Thanks in advance.

As a side note, I was on APAP therapy when I noticed I was still desaturating below 88%. My doctor switched me to ASV which has been working great until recently, when I began showing the same clinical signs of when I had desaturations and hypoxia which I recognise only too well! Trying to connect my oximeter to have a look.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Oximeter data
Have you tried updating to OSCAR?  It's the newer version of Sleepyhead.

I use the Contec CMS50F with OSCAR and it works fine.  Just check to make sure you are using the USB cable that came with the oximeter as it is a special cable.  An ordinary USB cable will not work.

Using a MacBook Air (2017), MacOS Catalina (10.15.2), OSCAR v1.0.1-r-1
In a VM (if needed): Win10 1909, Ubuntu 1804 LTS

Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Download OSCAR

Attaching images and files for the forum
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply last week.

Those are good suggestions, much appreciated. I am using the same cable but haven't had a chance to update to OSCAR. I'm currently not updating my OS (current OS doesn't support OSCAR) for another reason (to keep another program running!) but I will be able to get my hands on a Windows machine later this week. Hope to download OSCAR on that and give it a whirl.

If that doesn't work - it may be a hardware problem with the oximeter itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Windows will work just fine. I have Win10 available. Just don't remember if I had to update the UART drivers or not. If Windows doesn't install the correct drivers you can always download a copy from here: https://www.silabs.com/products/developm...cp-drivers

Using a MacBook Air (2017), MacOS Catalina (10.15.2), OSCAR v1.0.1-r-1
In a VM (if needed): Win10 1909, Ubuntu 1804 LTS

Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Download OSCAR

Attaching images and files for the forum
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 45 1,194 5 hours ago
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Synchronize CPAP and Oximeter Data - FEATURE REQUEST SleepyTimeTime 1 24 7 hours ago
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Is built-in oximeter data compatible with OSCAR? farnsy 7 138 Yesterday, 05:27 PM
Last Post: bonjour
Arrow CMS50D+ pulse oximeter firmware update ChuckP 1 64 01-24-2020, 11:56 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oximeter contec 50f+ freebonzo 2 139 12-14-2019, 05:07 AM
Last Post: freebonzo
  oximeter software Todd H 1 234 09-24-2019, 03:20 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar bug report: Oximeter flagging wrong camper2 1 257 07-25-2019, 03:14 PM
Last Post: camper2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.