Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter data upload to Sleepyhead on Apple Mac
Oximeter data upload to Sleepyhead on Apple Mac
New to Sleep Apnea treatment and this Forum. I have successfully downloaded the latest Sleepyhead software to my Apple Mac and uploaded the data from my F & P Icon Auto Cpap machine. That seems to work really well. Is it possible to upload data from my CMS50E oximeter Version 6.6R to the Sleepyhead program installed on my Apple Mac. I have tried but it was unsuccessful. Alternatively is there any software that will work on an Apple Mac which will enable the data from the oximeter to be uploaded. I hasten to add that my computer skills and understanding of drivers and software is very limited.
Thanks in anticipation of some replies and my sincere thanks also to the people who created, moderate and run this most useful forum. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter data upload to Sleepyhead on Apple Mac
According to the information page that is linked within the Sleepyhead oximetry module, the CMS-50E should work, though you will need to download and install the Silabs USB to UART bridge driver. There is a link to the site where you can download the driver on the same information page, though in some versions of SH I found that the link doesn't work. If it doesn't, you can just google "silabs usb to uart bridge driver" and that will take you to the correct page.
Post Reply Post Reply
it is also critical that you use the exact cable that came with the oximeter. it looks like a usb cable, but it is not a usb cable, it's a usb to serial adapter.

a regular usb cable won't work, and that cable won't work with anything that needs a usb cable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2016, 02:52 PM)Possum Wrote: According to the information page that is linked within the Sleepyhead oximetry module, the CMS-50E should work, though you will need to download and install the Silabs USB to UART bridge driver. There is a link to the site where you can download the driver on the same information page, though in some versions of SH I found that the link doesn't work. If it doesn't, you can just google "silabs usb to uart bridge driver" and that will take you to the correct page.

Thanks for that. However i did download the driver. I am wondering if the problem is limited to the sleepy head oximeter soltware for the apple mac.
(04-15-2016, 03:37 PM)palerider Wrote: it is also critical that you use the exact cable that came with the oximeter. it looks like a usb cable, but it is not a usb cable, it's a usb to serial adapter.

a regular usb cable won't work, and that cable won't work with anything that needs a usb cable.

Yes, i did use the supplied cable. Thanks for mentioning that though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2016, 04:42 PM)Fisherman Wrote: Thanks for that. However i did download the driver. I am wondering if the problem is limited to the sleepy head oximeter soltware for the apple mac.

I run OS-X El Capitan here and it all works with my CMS50D+. I can't speak for the CMS50E.

Frank
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I am about to order an oximeter (CMS50F vs. CMS50i) and will be uploading its data to SH on my Mac running OSX 10.7.5. I just updated SH to the newest release 1.0.0-v.2-beta, and see that SH is compatible with both oximeters.

The CMS50i comes with a Windows disk. I can use Windows XP and 7 in Parallels, but want to stick with the Mac side where all my old data is. Assuming I download the Mac drivers and can get it working, what functions will I be losing with the CMS50i? Does anyone have opinions about this oximeter on Mac?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think all that you lose is a Windows app to displays the O2 data by itself. As that data is mostly useful when compared to the other data in SL that seems like a small loss. I have the same one as Frank, but I'd guess that the electronics of them are pretty much the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2016, 08:04 PM)chill Wrote: I think all that you lose is a Windows app to displays the O2 data by itself. As that data is mostly useful when compared to the other data in SL that seems like a small loss. I have the same one as Frank, but I'd guess that the electronics of them are pretty much the same.

Thanks for the prompt response Chill.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Hi!

I’m running SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2. If an earlier version would be better, that would be fine - just let me know which one and where to find it.

I have a MacBookAir running OSX 10.9.5

I’ve downloaded the proper Silabs driver, and each device shows up when I look at About This Mac-> System Report-> USB

When I use the oximetery wizard in Sleepyhead, the software ask me to select “upload” in my menu.

Upload does not exist on the menus of any of the 3 oximeters.

Summary -

a) with the 50D+, the software says it uploaded the data, but I get asked for a date and time, and nothing happens when i click “Save and finish”. Nothing is saved.

b) with the 50E and 50F I get asked to “upload”, and am unable to do so.

More gory details:

a’) Using the 50D+ (4.6) - that’s the only one that Sleepyhead can find - it says it uploaded data, but when I manually enter a time and click on “Save and Finish”, no data is saved.

b’) Both the CMS50E (1.4W) and the CMS50F (3.8W) were recognized by Sleepyhead as compatible oximeters, but I was asked to select “upload” in the menu. I did the best I could, which was to have the menu open. This is what worked for the CMS50D+. For both the E and the F. this did not start an upload.

If it matters, both the E and the F have bluetooth. I could not figure out how to use the bluetooth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the day after. Sometimes SH seems to import the data for the day after you select in the UI.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 149 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 193 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  Data upload incomplete in OSCAR Ravengrad898 4 211 03-11-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 158 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.