Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter data
Oximeter data
Hi all,

I purchased a Contec50F oximeter online and uploaded the data to my Mac using the appropriate driver and Sleepyhead.

I stopped using it for a while, and recently tried to use it again. This time, it states that my oximeter is undetected by Sleepyhead. I have redownloaded the driver, and tried different USB ports. Each time, the oximeter is switched on and connected via USB. It is on and charging each time.

I would appreciate any help! Thanks in advance.

As a side note, I was on APAP therapy when I noticed I was still desaturating below 88%. My doctor switched me to ASV which has been working great until recently, when I began showing the same clinical signs of when I had desaturations and hypoxia which I recognise only too well! Trying to connect my oximeter to have a look.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter data
Have you tried updating to OSCAR?  It's the newer version of Sleepyhead.

I use the Contec CMS50F with OSCAR and it works fine.  Just check to make sure you are using the USB cable that came with the oximeter as it is a special cable.  An ordinary USB cable will not work.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply last week.

Those are good suggestions, much appreciated. I am using the same cable but haven't had a chance to update to OSCAR. I'm currently not updating my OS (current OS doesn't support OSCAR) for another reason (to keep another program running!) but I will be able to get my hands on a Windows machine later this week. Hope to download OSCAR on that and give it a whirl.

If that doesn't work - it may be a hardware problem with the oximeter itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Windows will work just fine. I have Win10 available. Just don't remember if I had to update the UART drivers or not. If Windows doesn't install the correct drivers you can always download a copy from here: https://www.silabs.com/products/developm...cp-drivers
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to wanted to check in and update the thread.

Wanted to thank you for the link, Jeff. Much appreciated. I got my hands on the windows machine (it was running Windows10), downloaded the driver and OSCAR via the your helpful links.

Unfortunately, the device still couldn't be detected on this other machine! So I'm putting it down to a hardware issue.

Good thing is it's still under warranty, so I've contacted the seller, but went ahead and bought another one in the meanwhile as I know these things can take long. Hope the new device arrives soon so I can take a look at the saturation levels again.

I'll get there!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 8 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 148 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 192 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 156 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 612 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.