Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter favorite choice.
RE: Oximeter favorite choice.
The software will not "see" the data to upload unless you have the device turned on and in the "Options" mode, which is activated by pressing the button once to turn the device on and then pressing and holding the button down until the option screen comes on. That's the screen where you can select the "Record" mode and "Alarm" mode, etc. Don't actually select any of them but just leave it there and the software will upload the data. After it finishes, you can go ahead and select "exit" and unplug the USB cable.

Best regards, Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2015, 02:29 PM)Woodslinger Wrote: I'm going to purchase my first pulse ox

Hi Woodslinger,

I like the CMS50i or CMS50iw because these record 3 data streams, not just two: Pulse Rate, O2 saturation, plus Perfusion.

Perfusion is an estimate of the strength or volume of blood flow being sensed, and acts as a sanity check on the other readings. If the perfusion is strong this is supposed to mean that any unexpected readings for pulse or SpO2 are more likely to be valid, less likely to be "noise" or just a glitch.

Also, these are wrist-mounted with separate finger sensor cup, which I think are more stable and less likely to fall off, and are more comfortable, too.

But these models are more costly.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2015, 09:17 PM)sgearhart Wrote: I realize that this is a very stupid question, but did you power it up to perform the upload?
turn it on the way you would normally, and go straight into the menu, it will stay on finger in or not if you are in menu mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2015, 09:48 PM)roe1549 Wrote: Yes, it was at full charge or power if I understand your question. I wore it all night, so I know it was recording. It seems that I am doing something wrong. I will try again tomorrow.

You DID go into the menu (hold down the power button) in order to start a recording session, yes? You must start a recording session in the menu section, it will ask you to set a time (again done via the button, it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it it is easy) and then record y/n - you select again with the button. Upload to computer is via the same menu - turn on USB (or leave it on - once selected this one generally stays on) and then select upload- on. Once you have uploaded, leave it on a while - the fingerling charges via the USB, so a good 20 minutes is recommended.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2015, 12:21 PM)DocWils Wrote:
(01-12-2015, 09:48 PM)roe1549 Wrote: Yes, it was at full charge or power if I understand your question. I wore it all night, so I know it was recording. It seems that I am doing something wrong. I will try again tomorrow.

You DID go into the menu (hold down the power button) in order to start a recording session, yes? You must start a recording session in the menu section, it will ask you to set a time (again done via the button, it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it it is easy) and then record y/n - you select again with the button. Upload to computer is via the same menu - turn on USB (or leave it on - once selected this one generally stays on) and then select upload- on. Once you have uploaded, leave it on a while - the fingerling charges via the USB, so a good 20 minutes is recommended.

Yes, I did set the time, start the recording and hit Y. A red light came on REC.
The USB is left on, and yes I used the USB cable that came with it. Then clicked on upload. The message on screen even after 10 minutes says "waiting for upload", but never really uploads. The bars on bottom of screen go all the way to 100%, but the message still says waiting for upload.
I didn't use the oximeter last night, but am planning to tonight.
I do have a question. Should I try to download to the software that came with the oximeter, then import to sleepyhead? Or, do I just bypass that software and try to download directly to sleepyhead?

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It depends on the version of Sleepyhead. version 0.9.8.1-testing will allow direct import. You still need to install the SpO2 Assistant software so the USB Com driver will be installed for upload communications.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2015, 02:51 PM)roe1549 Wrote:
(01-13-2015, 12:21 PM)DocWils Wrote:

Yes, I did set the time, start the recording and hit Y. A red light came on REC.
The USB is left on, and yes I used the USB cable that came with it. Then clicked on upload. The message on screen even after 10 minutes says "waiting for upload", but never really uploads. The bars on bottom of screen go all the way to 100%, but the message still says waiting for upload.
I do have a question. Should I try to download to the software that came with the oximeter, then import to sleepyhead? Or, do I just bypass that software and try to download directly to sleepyhead?

Either way works. I do both, but i am a compulsive record keeper and anyway, they are used for different things. You still need the SPO2 driver to be able to initiate and downlink, so you do have to install the native software anyway. And, if you can't get Sleepyhead to initiate a downlink, you can import the file from the stored file from the SPO2 Assistant pretty easily. Sleepyhead has a way to do that from the Oxymetry menu.

If it is still waiting for the upload, then simply leave the menu and re-enter it - you will see that the upload is now off, turn it on. If that doesn't work, close the session on your computer and restart the
software, do it again.

If you are using sleepyhead, you have to do the upload in the Oxymetry menu, and once you have activated the upload, do a port scan before initiating the downlink in Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love my CMS50IW, it does just about anything one could want out of a recording pulseox device.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2015, 05:35 PM)DocWils Wrote:
(01-13-2015, 02:51 PM)roe1549 Wrote:
(01-13-2015, 12:21 PM)DocWils Wrote: You DID go into the menu (hold down the power button) in order to start a recording session, yes? You must start a recording session in the menu section, it will ask you to set a time (again done via the button, it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it it is easy) and then record y/n - you select again with the button. Upload to computer is via the same menu - turn on USB (or leave it on - once selected this one generally stays on) and then select upload- on. Once you have uploaded, leave it on a while - the fingerling charges via the USB, so a good 20 minutes is recommended.

Either way works. I do both, but i am a compulsive record keeper and anyway, they are used for different things. You still need the SPO2 driver to be able to initiate and downlink, so you do have to install the native software anyway. And, if you can't get Sleepyhead to initiate a downlink, you can import the file from the stored file from the SPO2 Assistant pretty easily. Sleepyhead has a way to do that from the Oxymetry menu.

If it is still waiting for the upload, then simply leave the menu and re-enter it - you will see that the upload is now off, turn it on. If that doesn't work, close the session on your computer and restart the
software, do it again.

If you are using sleepyhead, you have to do the upload in the Oxymetry menu, and once you have activated the upload, do a port scan before initiating the downlink in Sleepyhead.

Ok, Doc Wils... I followed your instructions and all went well. Finally was able to see Oxymetry results on Sleepyhead. Thanks for all your help. Thanks
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries. My former chief nurse used to get a perverse kick out of the first year interns learning how to do this and being too stubborn to consult the software guide, but us hose heads have to stick together, eh?

Actually, my former chief nurse used to a get a perverse kick out of most things with the first year interns. I still have a mental image of her gleefully sweet Tessiner face assigning the first years to disimpact the bowels of a patient. I am beginning to suspect that she was a bit mean....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,220 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 808 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.