Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter upload - double sample time?
Oximeter upload - double sample time?
Hi, folks,

I've purchased an oximeter from Amazon last week. It's a Pulox 250 model which is supposed to be compatible with CMS50. 

The upload works, I setup the start time, but the end time is calculated as approximately 2 x later than expected. This leads me to an assumption that this oximeter logs oxygen levels with a sample time that is 2 x shorter than expected with the CMS50.

Is there something that can be done about this? Or am I doing something wrong? 

See the attached example. Sampling started at 10:52pm and it went for 7 hours and 30 min. The end time should have been at 6:22am next morning. The graph shows measurements going on until about 11:20am. 

Thanks,
Klaus

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter upload - double sample time?
Did you import the data directly from the oximeter through its cable? We have seen instances where some data is duplicated, though yours seems more extreme than most.

The workaround is to import that data using the SpO2 Assistant and then import the data file the Assistant created on your machine into OSCAR.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Yes, I uploaded the data using the cable that came with the oximeter... I'll try with the Assistant you mentioned. I'll report back.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Yup, it worked fine through the SpO2 Assistant. Thanks. 

Klaus
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 32 6 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 86 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 151 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 200 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  Data upload incomplete in OSCAR Ravengrad898 4 213 03-11-2024, 08:45 AM
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 203 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,411 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.