Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeters for OSCAR and macos
Oximeters for OSCAR and macos
Hi all,

after reading data from my sdcard for the AirSense 10 I'd like to add oxygen data. I'm using a MacBook Pro, have android and IOS devices. Which oximeter would you recommend?

THX!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeters for OSCAR and macos
Hi Sisyphos! - Welcome
Based on your use of a Mac, iOS, and Android, I would recommend the Viatom/Wellue oximeter line. I'm not sure which of the two brand names is used in your location, and is why I list them together. This is the only brand, that I'm aware of, that provides software for iOS, Mac, Windows, and Android for their devices. Normally, one of the Contec CMS-50 D+, E, F, or I models would be additionally recommended, but your Apple OSes are not supported for this brand.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2021, 09:05 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi Sisyphos!  -  Welcome
Based on your use of a Mac, iOS, and Android, I would recommend the Viatom/Wellue oximeter line.  I'm not sure which of the two brand names is used in your location, and is why I list them together.   This is the only brand, that I'm aware of, that provides software for iOS, Mac, Windows, and Android for their devices.   Normally, one of the Contec CMS-50 D+, E, F, or I models would be additionally recommended, but your Apple OSes are not supported for this brand.

Good luck!

@Crimson Nap,

Thank you for you tips! It helped me to sort out some devices.  Thanks

For all readers from Germany: You find both brands: Viatom or Wellue, e.g. at amazon. I decided for Checkme 02 Pro from Viatom. The "pro" is important, if you want to import the data by Viatoms Software from the mac. In other cases, the data are only displayed on Android oder IOs Apps. From the point you got the data on your computer you can follow the instructions from the apnea board wiki (sorry, as a novice I'm at the moment allowed to post the URL here, search the wiki for "macos").

Regards!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think this is the wiki page you are referring to:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_Import
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Parallels desktop to read the contec files. VMWare works, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2021, 09:22 PM)cathyf Wrote: I use Parallels desktop to read the contec files. VMWare works, too.

To expand on that somewhat...

You can install Parallels or VMWare Fusion on your mac and run a copy of Windows 10 in a virtual machine (VM).  This will allow you to run any Windows program on your Mac.  The drawback is the both Parallels and VMWare cost $$.  And it also depends if you have the new M1 chipset or the Intel chipiset in your Mac.  Vmware doesn't work with M1's (yet).  Not sure about Parallels......
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
On an M1, neither one will emulate x86 Windows either. Some people say that you can run Windows for ARM on Parallels, and that Windows for ARM does some sort of x86 emulation, but I haven't heard anything reliable.

Also, VMware Fusion Player is now free for non-commercial use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2021, 06:16 AM)Sisyphos Wrote: Hi all,

after reading data from my sdcard for the AirSense 10 I'd like to add oxygen data. I'm using a MacBook Pro, have android and IOS devices. Which oximeter would you recommend?

THX!

Actually you can get any oximeter that has an app for your iOs.
Oximeters normally transfer Oximetry data in "binary" format to your device, using bluetooth, (one file for each session which is normally named with time & date stamp).
Your mobile device app will then read these files and displays the data in the form of a graph for you.
Oscar can read these binary files too and display them in graphical form under your CPAP graphs.
You just have to find an easy way to transfer these files from your mobile device to your PC.
In my case I just copy them on my Cloud HD and then read them into Oscar from there.

This said, if you have already purchased a device that exports this data for you, then you're home already. Big Grin
Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 677 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Buidling OSCAR on macOS Sonoma (14.2.1) hisaotsu 2 494 01-08-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Correct operation of Contec CMS 50 oximeters ("D" & "DL") ivashamagnus 2 525 12-26-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: ivashamagnus
  ViHealth(2.65.0) App for Viatom/Wellue Oximeters Prevents Binary File Creation Crimson Nape 33 8,342 10-10-2023, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Herqliz
  OSCAR build errors on MacOS JEMH 2 581 08-23-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: JEMH
  macOS will not open OSCAR ? jrolli1509 6 1,101 02-12-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: biyahero
  macOS Ventura users please read Jeff8356 0 581 11-25-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.