Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts?
Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts?
I'm now three plus months into CPAP and still feel fatigued, groggy, etc. So, I decided to order a cheap meter from Amazon and check my O2 levels through the night. The first night I found it on the floor across the room so must have shaken it off and only got an hour or so of data. Below are the charts from the second night. As I was under 90% saturation for 44% of the time and hit a low of 70% saturation in my sleep study this seems to be an improvement. I did try to import the oximetery data into SH but could not get it to work, the start times for both were within a minute or so of each other.

[Image: xlarge.jpg]

[Image: large.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximetery & Sleepyhead charts - your thoughts?
I would not base any valid conclusions on this snap-shot, but I would keep track of the general trend. In my case, using the CMS-50F, I had a lot of motion artifacts and dropouts mostly at the beginning and end of my sleep session. I could also see similar patterns when I turned over.

Do you have any heart arrhythmias which can display as false heart rates and the incomplete emptying of the heart chambers which can manifest as weakness and fatigue?

When posting data from the Sp02 Assistant, it is also helpful to post the summary report.

When is your next opportunity to discuss how you feel with your sleep doctor? Perhaps he will look closer at the data from your SD card and make changes in device settings.

Best of luck diagnosing and treating your fatigue.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I would turn your ramp off so treatment starts at the beginning. It should stop the desaturation in the beginning 00:00
Try a min pressure of 10 or 11 and see if that clears up the drop at about 1:00 and 4:30. The rest of it looks good to me.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I would disregard the first 30 minutes or so of the oximeter report. Looks like a lose connection from moving around. Over all your numbers look OK. I think I'd ask the Doctor to run blood tests to see if there was another cause of fatigue.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
where can I can I buy  a oximeter  to use with my 10 Machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Which you mean; the Resmed A10 oximeter add-on device or an oximeter that will work with SleepyHead?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
At the top there is a supplier list. Try Supplier 19.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The cms-50d works pretty well and is inexpensive.

Getting the data into sleepyhead is a bit convoluted but does work.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you ever body
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for your comments and suggestions, FWIW I used the cms-50d+. I have also had numerous other tests to determine why I am feeling like I am but so far nothing stands out as the cause. Hard to complain that they can't find anything new wrong with me but frustrating none the less  Unsure

As mentioned here is the summary from the oximetery report, not that this one night really proves anything (and I am discounting the first 1/2 hour or so when I was moving around).

[Image: orig.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 144 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 961 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 187 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 218 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 419 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,178 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 299 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.