Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximetry Chart guidance
Oximetry Chart guidance
I am new to using this Oximeter and would like to share last night's results. Does this look fairly normal or is there work to do?  (Note: I will lower the pressure a bit tonight to get rid of some of the CA's. I had raised it to 7 a few nights ago due to nasal blockage.) Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximetry Chart guidance
I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on the internet.  But to the lay observer, a 95% SpO2 rate of 97 looks jolly good.

Those drop events are a puzzle, though. First, you may want to rule out your pulse oximeter simply losing contact. Otherwise, see if they sync up with OA or hypopnea events, or even CAs. That doesn't doesn't appear to be the case, though.

Try a few more nights and look at your results again.
Post Reply Post Reply
trance, I'm less qualified than Sheepish to give medical or therapy advice.  However, I am quite competent at cursing the [filthyword] CMS50F firmware and software.  I had to go back to April to find SpO2 in my SH charts (I'm satisfied my O² concentrator is doing the job of keeping me oxygenated) to find charts with O².  I found some charts with Drops as low as 20 but must were between 50 and 100.  One was 139 (attaching a screenshot) and seemed to have recorded okay.  Another was 169 and is an example of problem recordings that I often get (attaching a screenshot).

I don't know if the Drops are significant of anything; I do trust the O² recording only because I've verified it with other devices, including ResMed's horribly expensive oximeter.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't record oximetry, but can you guys format the Y-Axis on the SpO2 and narrow the range from 70 to 100. I would think that would really help the resolution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sheepish and Shaun... I didn't think these events could be as dire as they looked. I feel a little short of breath, but nothing like these charts show. When I imported last night's data into SH, I ended up with 100+ hours and 1000+ events. I've only used the Oximeter a few hours total. Too-funny  Well, here is the strip chart from SpO2 Assistant with the range SleepRider suggested. (I think it looks quite accurate.)    
Post Reply Post Reply
Good zoom on the Y-axis, much clearer.

See that dotted red line at about the 88% O2 (how do I get this forum to let me paste in a subscript 2?) saturation level? That's what you want to avoid dipping below, generally.

You're well above that. Congrats
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks (Here is a workaround to get a subscript for O2... I reduced the font size from 3 to 2.)
(06-11-2018, 12:46 PM)Sheepish Wrote: Good zoom on the Y-axis, much clearer.

See that dotted red line at about the 88% O2 (how do I get this forum to let me paste in a subscript 2?) saturation level? That's what you want to avoid dipping below, generally.

You're welOl above that. Congrats
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Here is a workaround (?)  for a subscript in O2. (I reduced the font size from 3 to 2.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2018, 12:46 PM)Sheepish Wrote: ... O2 (how do I get this forum to let me paste in a subscript 2?) ...

Here's  a superscript, which is the preferable (proper) way to abbreviate oxygen: O²
(The acceptable alternative is O2; O₂ is not correct.

If on Windoz, hold down ALT key and type 0178 on the numeric keypad; if on Mac, you can do it in Pages and paste your result in your post.

Hope that helps!
Post Reply Post Reply
Alternatively, you can use the forum's superscript or subscript code.

The code would be:

Code:
Example[sup]1[/sup] <---- superscript code

That would render as:

Example1 <---- superscript number 1

For subscript, the code would be:

Code:
Example[sub]1[/sub] <---- subscript code

That would render as:

Example1 <---- subscript code

You can also mess around with the font size if you'd like to further reduce the relative size of the superscript or subscript character.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 100 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 137 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question [Symptoms] Transitional CSA - oximetry freaking me out. How low is too low? Apprenticepragmatist 8 735 02-27-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 168 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,383 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.