Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximetry - Do any of the pulse oximeters work with linux?
RE: Oximetry - Do any of the pulse oximeters work with linux?
Thank you!

And...

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2016, 05:42 PM)chill Wrote: Thank you!

And...

Welcome

Thanks! Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2016, 03:28 PM)rost Wrote: I use this one with Linux to download recorded data from my cms50d+ (ver 4.6) which uses 115200 baud:

Code:
https:// github.com/airikka/spo2cms50dplus

Maybe it works with other models?
Does not support live data.

Thanks! This works with mine too, same model. I had to set the date and time on command line, otherwise SleepyHead messed up the import of the spo2 file.

In Fedora linux, I had to add myself to the "dialout" group to be able to access the oximeter without sudo/root.
OSCAR Fedora and CentOS installation package:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/johanh/oscar/
Just got my new CMS50-F. I was good, and did my homework so that I could be sure it would work properly with SleepyHead right out of the box. Joke's on me. Instead of having a laptop to old to run SleepyHead properly (only runs OpenGL 1.4, so I run SleepyHead-Broken or nothing), now have hardware that is too new.

Seems the Contec folks have updated their firmware to version 3.8. SleepyHead speaks very directly of version 3.7. On my system I can see the new device at /dev/ttyUSB0 and dmesg gives me all the expected messages when it was identified. lsmod shows me that cp210x has been loaded. But SleepyHead cannot see it no matter what I try. Oh well.

Thanks to an earlier post in this thread I found https://github.com/airikka/spo2cms50dplus which turns out to work just fine when grabbing the raw data off my device and stashing it in a file. I was then able to import that file into SleepyHead, but see only summary info like max/min Sp02. I somehow expected a chronology of some sort. Is that only possible using the device tethered to a PC? I have not tried tethering yet, but am not optimistic.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have a CMS-50F with the 3.8 software. I was able to import the data, although it was a bit fussy. I don't use it all that often, so I can't tell you what I've done to make it work. I will experiment more when I return from vacation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2016, 05:05 PM)wubisnotanabbreviation Wrote: Thanks to an earlier post in this thread I found https://github.com/airikka/spo2cms50dplus which turns out to work just fine when grabbing the raw data off my device and stashing it in a file. I was then able to import that file into SleepyHead, but see only summary info like max/min Sp02. I somehow expected a chronology of some sort. Is that only possible using the device tethered to a PC? I have not tried tethering yet, but am not optimistic.

You have to modify the date and time of the data with the spo2cms50dplus program. Otherwise it will put the data on some random day.
Pholynyk -- thanks for the observation, maybe I can find something on my system that will allow SleepyHead to see my CMS50F.

Johanh -- yes! I didn't understand before that the date HAD to be corrected. Even SleepyHead gave me the option, but I ignored it the first time. As I recall, it showed me an empty box for date/time. On the successful pass, it showed me that date/time I had just forced in with spo2cms50dplus.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2016, 08:21 AM)wubisnotanabbreviation Wrote: Johanh -- yes! I didn't understand before that the date HAD to be corrected. Even SleepyHead gave me the option, but I ignored it the first time. As I recall, it showed me an empty box for date/time. On the successful pass, it showed me that date/time I had just forced in with spo2cms50dplus.

In this case there is a bug in Sleepyhead. I was able to correct the time, but the calendar in the import dialog was messed up. Best bet is is to correct date and time before importing.
Good Morning,
I realize I am plenty late responding to this entry but thought I would toss my two cents worth in...

I am using Ubuntu 1604 on a reasonably aged pc, Sleepyhead v1.0.0-beta-1 with a Contec CMS50F clone (Torontek-B400) v3.9. I have confirmed that Linux recognizes when the Oximeter gets connected so hardware connection is good. Sleepyhead will not find any connected device.

I finally resorted to loading the Spo2 software on a Win7 laptop, download the Spo2 data from the oximeter and "save as" to a thumb drive and then import into Sleepyhead from there. I discovered that I had to use the "I want to use the built in clock on my oximeter" option on the Oximeter import page in Sleepyhead to avoid having the time offset by about 6 hours.

Round about method but it gets my O2 & HR data into Sleepyhead.

I have to agree with foss that at least in my observation and experimentation, Windows looks like the only method of working with Contec CMS50F, or clone oximeters, running any version beyond 3.7 on a Linux pc.
I hope this helps the next person who finds themselves up against their oximeter and Linux difficulties.
Take care.

GordK
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2018, 10:15 AM)GordK Wrote: Good Morning,
I realize I am plenty late responding to this entry but thought I would toss my two cents worth in...

I am using Ubuntu 1604 on a reasonably aged pc, Sleepyhead v1.0.0-beta-1 with a Contec CMS50F clone (Torontek-B400) v3.9. I have confirmed that Linux recognizes when the Oximeter gets connected so hardware connection is good. Sleepyhead will not find any connected device.

I finally resorted to loading the Spo2 software on a Win7 laptop, download the Spo2 data from the oximeter and "save as" to a thumb drive and then import into Sleepyhead from there. I discovered that I had to use the "I want to use the built in clock on my oximeter" option on the Oximeter import page in Sleepyhead to avoid having the time offset by about 6 hours.

Round about method but it gets my O2 & HR data into Sleepyhead.

I have to agree with foss that at least in my observation and experimentation, Windows looks like the only method of working with Contec CMS50F, or clone oximeters, running any version beyond 3.7 on a Linux pc.
I hope this helps the next person who finds themselves up against their oximeter and Linux difficulties.
Take care.

GordK
Good Morning,
FYI...I just received a Contec CMS50F running Version 6.0 software. It works well with Win7 on my laptop (even imports data directly into Sleepyhead but has a time wrinkle using this method) but, no improvement in Linux.
The time wrinkle is mentioned in another forum thread and in that thread, it is discussed using the Spo2 Assistant app to save the data to another folder and import the data using the Sleepyhead Oximetery Import function (as I wrote in my original post).
I am slowly getting all the data (SH and Spo2/Pulse) collected in one place. It isn't in Linux but it works.
I look forward to getting past some of the hurdles I am seeing on the Linux side but I will cool my jets for the time being.
If I come across any findings in this regard I will post it up here. I am always on the watch for anyone-else's revelations on these forums too!
Take care.

GordK
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 156 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 127 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 134 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 388 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 608 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.