Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximetry Report- Can You Help Me Understand?
RE: Oximetry Report- Can You Help Me Understand?
In general the goal is to keep the oxygen saturation at or above 90%. 88% is fine if it's a quick dip and only happens once in a while. Sleep labs will vary on their protocols as to what an optimal titration means. But IMO a dip to 88% means an event is occurring.

But you have to remember that the pulse oximeter is not 100% accurate so it's good to account for a margin of error. I have a CMS 50F Pulse Ox and I never see more than about .8 artifact so I would work on securing your oximeter first before worrying over too much.
Post Reply Post Reply
At first glance your average oxygen level is a little low on average. But if you look at your low oxygen periods you dipped below 88% for a total of 3  minutes. Medicare would allow for supplemental oxygen if you were below 88% for 5 minutes. You only recorded for 4 hours. If it had been 8 hours you probably would have been 6 minutes under 88%. That's not good. I'll be blunt. After you heal up your going to need to increase your oxygen input at night. It can be done with a CPAP or BIPAP. It's alot better than being stuck on oxygen. You can do it! I did it and I'm the biggest baby in the world.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
of course, if your oxygen is fine during the day, then night events are causing it. simply stated, not easy for many to consume. however, a problem solved is a problem solved.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 124 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 125 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 339 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 213 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] Transitional CSA - oximetry freaking me out. How low is too low? Apprenticepragmatist 8 786 02-27-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 253 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 1,093 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.