Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximetry cleanup issue with Wellue
Oximetry cleanup issue with Wellue
Normally I use my CMS50F for SpO2 but I decided to give my Wellue SleepU another try.  Used it for the past few days and imported the data in OSCAR using the Import Viatom/Wellue Data function.  Everything was working fine, until I did an Automatic Oximetry Cleanup.  Now the SpO2 and Pulse charts look like they are very truncated.
Tried closing/restarting OSCAR, no good.
Only option was to purge the oximetry data for each day and re-import it.  Error can be reproduced every time I run AOC.

Note: This only effects the Wellue SleepU.  The CMS50F is not affected.  This is on my Mac.

Before AOC:

After AOC:

Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximetry cleanup issue with Wellue
We should probably remove that command. I just took my first look at the code, and it's pretty suspect. From your screenshots, it looks like it's mangling the time scale of those channels (cramming the entire night into an inconsistent shorter duration).

Either that or you have a large nonzero "discard segments shorter than" setting in your oximetry preferences.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Discard segment shorter than" is set to zero.

The AOC works fine and cleans up any inconsistencies with the desats with the CMS50F.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just checked in Win10. Has the same error with the same settings.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm honestly a little shocked it ever worked. Deleting and forcing a rebuild of desats and other derived channels seems fine, as far as that goes (though it will also delete the movement channel from a SleepU).

But then it looks like it's dropping any samples below 8, and trying to "compress" the data by dropping samples with identical values, which is fine for an event channel, but breaks waveform channels. Can you double-check that CMS50F sessions didn't get slightly shortened as well?
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct!  The CMS50F also shrinks slightly but it isn't noticeable.  It's roughly 1 second less after the AOC.  Small enough of a change that I never noticed it before.

CMS50F Gen-1 (ver 6.1) before:

CMS50F Gen-1 after:

I usually ran the AOC for the Contec to clean up the desats reported by OSCAR.  They were sometimes wildly different than what SpO2 Assistant reported.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Now that you mention it, this feature has been "wonky" for some time.   I tried it and experienced the same problem on my SleepU data awhile back.  I just figured that it was my ignorance as to what it was cleaning and decided to leave this option alone.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2021, 12:25 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:  this feature has been "wonky" for some time.   

It never showed any signs it was doing anything except for the spinning pinwheel if I moved my mouse pointer.  After a minute or so the desat stats would change in the left column.  Was just one of those things I forgot about soon after using it.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for looking into it. I think I can make it a little less broken: not dropping samples and not dropping motion. I'll add that to my sooner-rather-than-later list.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is now fixed in master and thus will be fixed in the next release of OSCAR, whenever that may be.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 76 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 152 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 291 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 134 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 642 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 189 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,296 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.