Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

humid air
humid air
new to apnea,how much humid air are you surposed to breath when asleep and running the machine.the machine was set up by the supplier when issued to me.my wife says when the machine is running,she can see water running down the inside of my mask when i'm asleep also my face feels itchy and must be scratched.i lve in fnq and it is normally quite humid here.am i getting to much humiditty.emubob
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: humid air
It's not supposed to be in visible liquid form in the tube or mask.
That's called "rain-out".
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't think you would need to add much humidity in FNQ, and certainly if you are getting 'rain-out', you will need to change the settings.

For people to help you on this forum, you will need to provide some more information. Please include the make and model of your machine in the profile. You should be able to read that from somewhere on the machine itself.

Also if you can access any of the menus and share what the settings are for humidity, that would be good. Also does your machine have a heated hose, and if so, what temperature is that set to?

Are you sleeping with the air-conditioning on, or do you use ceiling fans?

Good luck with your treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! Unless you are sleeping in an air-con room. added humidity in your location is probably counter productive. But it is all up to what your sinuses want. There is no right level for everyone, everywhere.

That said, if you can see water droplets inside the hose or mask, the humidity is too high or the hose needs more heat.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum emu bob!

As others have suggested, it would be helpful if you could fill out your details in your user profile. If your machine is fully data capable as most machines are, you could use the link above and download SleepyHead. It is a very good program to look at your sleep apnea therapy results. If you are having any issues, you can post screenshots so that experienced people on here can help guide you to get better results.

Good luck and keep us posted!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi emu bob,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Try turning your humidity down a notch or two and see if that helps you.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am American and I was initially confused by your stated location in FNQ. Am I safe to assume that means Far Northern Queensland?? I suppose that is into the tropics.
When I was younger I really craved to to to the Great Barrier Reef, but sadly never got there..

Re: the droplets in mask, that sounds like excess humidity..

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
Check your hose. If you have a dry hose and wet mask its your breath condencing in the mask.
Heated hose or put the covers over the mask to help warm it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 Humid failed ? tpm1952 6 581 11-17-2023, 10:36 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Air is not humid and warm enough Yoel Klein 4 1,025 02-11-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Humidity level during hot humid months... MDHilz 6 1,405 09-18-2018, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Technopauper
  airsense10 auto cpap(for him) VS DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500T11 w/HT humid rookiepom 5 3,877 10-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Last Post: stephennic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.