Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen Concentrator [suggestions?]
Oxygen Concentrator [suggestions?]
Thinking of buying one any suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen Concentrator [suggestions?]
Portable or fixed use?  Insurance or out of pocket? What capacity (flow) do your need?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen Concentrator
I recently purchased a reconditioned unit from oxygen plus concentrators.  Nice concentrator, and good customer service.  They sell both new and used, and their prices are among the best I have seen.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking for a portable one and I'm paying myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too was in need of a portable concentrator for travel and short over night outings, but I checked the prices and, Yikes!  I did some research, and sure enough Amazon had a solution, at least for me.  There are several small portable concentrators available at a much more reasonable price.  They are made by a company called DEDAKJ, yeah guess where they are made...  But if it works, I'm happy.  There are several units available with 1-6 Liter, or 2-9 Liter capabilities.
I ordered the 1-6, as I only use it for sleeping, and I only need 1.5 Liters. 
I received the concentrator and tried it out.  At rest, my home concentrator will take me from 95% to 98% in about two minutes at 1.5 Liters flow.  I tested the DEDAKJ at the same flow, and it took me to 98% in about the same amount of time.  A person needing more flow than I do might do well to check out the 2-9 Liter machines, as the concentration drops significantly at higher settings.

The company states that the machines are good for at least 3000 hours of continued use.  Reviews on these machines are mixed, ( if you can believe any of Amazon's reviews) but the machine that I purchased had high ratings, and it seems to work well for my situation.

HP
Post Reply Post Reply
Digging up an old thread here, I know, but I recently also purchased a DEDAKJ DE-1A oxygen concentrator for about CDN$400 on their AliExpress store. I had already gotten a 5 or 6 buck attachment to channel it into my CPAP flow, and it hooked up easily. So far, after a week or so, I like it quite well, it seems to be a high quality build, and I might write a review of it after trying it for longer.

[Image: portable-oxygen-concentrator-generator-1l.jpg]

I do have a couple of questions for anyone already using it or any other oxygen concentrator along with CPAP:
  • Besides setting the flow rate, which is supposed to correspond to the O2 concentration, how do you actually confirm the concentration of O2 you breathe in mixed in with the CPAP airflow, with a pulse oximeter or something else?? The O2 readout pictured is NOT part of the machine; it's mostly likely some external testing device. [Image: He5509334b9a14b59923eacdeb68272e2x.png]

• What flow rate/O2 concentration are you using in conjunction with your CPAP? Why? (besides that's what your doctor prescribed)  I'm currently at about the halfway setting, FWIW, so 4L/min and about 50% O2 concentration (I might bump it to 2 or 3 L/min), and that's nominally what's coming out of the O2 concentrator. But then about what % does it get diluted to as it converges with the CPAP airflow and gets to my lungs?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepless, the Oxygen Bleed for CPAP wiki describes the calculation for FiO2 (respired oxygen with CPAP dilution).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great reference. I was looking at this wiki:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ncentrator

The one you mention is this:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._with_CPAP

They're both well written and informative. Kudos to the author(s).

May I suggest adding a link from the former to the latter?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,927 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 679 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 252 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 919 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.