Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare DME Competitive Bidding suspended
Medicare DME Competitive Bidding suspended
All Medicare DEM Competitive Bidding contracts will expire Dec 31, 2018.  The program will be suspended until Dec 31, 2020.  So any DME provider who participates with Medicare can provide CPAP equipment.  No more DME contractors to mess with for a while.

https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fe...index.html
Everyone has a bad hair day once in a while.  Same with a night on xPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Medicare DME Competitive Bidding suspended
Wow! That might blow up your No-Resmed DME protections. They have a much bigger pool to compete against.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Likely why my DME delaying.  If they could delay until Jan. 1 they wouldn't be required to order.  We'll see if I get by Dec. 5.  If not, they have violated their contract and Medicare could withhold/delay all their rental payments for all patients with machines under rental contract .  Pretty sure that is why DAO was confident I would have my machine by Dec. 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wondering if that would open up on-line purchases for Medicare recipients?  Conceivably, would/could on-line suppliers move to accept Medicare assignment? 

Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2018, 07:57 AM)Hihowrya Wrote: Just wondering if that would open up on-line purchases for Medicare recipients?  Conceivably, would/could on-line suppliers move to accept Medicare assignment? 

It doesn't sound likely, because the amount of paperwork and bureaucratic nonsense just to get started must be tremendous. If you look at their web sites, the ones that aren't actually DMEs say that they can't bill insurance but will help you fill out the form to request reimbursement from your insurer after you have paid, assuming that your insurer has approved your use of the out-of-network supplier. I doubt that that would change.
Post Reply Post Reply
Possibe but not likely.  Both the Medicare regulations for DME 13-month lease on machines, face-to-face instruction and low reimbursement would be a problem.  Also staffing requirements to do Medicare coding and billing not something mortarless business want to mess with. 

There are Medicare providers that do mail order supplies (not online).  I have used a DME over for past 4-5 years under competitive bidding and have been very pleased with their service.  Will likely stay with them during the 2-year suspension.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 100 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 179 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 835 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 244 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web
  Wiki conflict on Medicare/CPAP ownership cps22 14 640 12-17-2023, 10:08 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Medicare (US) and CPAPs KSMatthew 4 360 12-16-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 915 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.