Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen Concentrators - ???
Oxygen Concentrators - ???
I'm in the process of purchasing everything I need to get free from Lincare's predatory pricing scam.  I've been prescribed oxygen 2L at night along with my BiPap, and I'm pricing concentrators.  Um, yikes!  Everything seems to start at $700, which is beyond my means.  What's wrong with one of these cheap things I see on Amazon, like this one:

[Commercial Link Removed] Try searching for, "Voice-Touch-Oxygen-Concentrator-1-6L-min-Oxygen-Machine-Humidifiers-with-Anion"

They don't appear to be "medical grade," but I'm wondering if they'd work for poor folk like me?

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen Concentrators - ???
Have you tried looking on eBay or your local Craigslist? I know that secondwindcpap has the Everflo Q for $600. Pretty much rated one of the best concentrators out there.

I don't have any experience or knowledge about the brand you mentioned.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend avoiding the cheap Chinese imports that have no FDA approval for medical use. You really have no idea what you're getting or how to dose it. If you must go this route, buy from a reputable source and back up the use by using a recording pulse oximeter so you can monitor if your SpO2 is responding as expected.

A better solution is to look on Craigslist, Facebook MarketPlace and similar sites for machines that are in good working order where the family is selling a machine after a loved one passed. There is a lot of inventory in nearly every city and you can get top name brands at low prices. The machines have hour meters so you can compare condition just by asking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not an expert, but personally I wouldn’t trust the non medical grade concentrator you found on Amazon.

My family was in the same boat as you. Lincare would bill $560 a month for my son’s O2 concentrator our insurance allowed $120 of that, their pricing structure is downright criminal.  I’ve been pricing concentrators for awhile and recently stumbled on a great deal. I got a brand new Everflo Q with a 5 year warranty and free shipping for $595 from US Oxygen Sales. They were having a “winter sale”. I don’t whether or not that price is still available, you’ll have to call them to find out. I love the Everflo it is smaller, lighter and significantly quieter than Perfecto 2 we rented from Lincare.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may know this but many people don't- only a continuous flow machine will work with cpap. The on demand (impulse?) type won't work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2019, 11:22 AM)Matt00926 Wrote: Have you tried looking on eBay or your local Craigslist? I know that secondwindcpap has the Everflo Q for $600. Pretty much rated one of the best concentrators out there.

I don't have any experience or knowledge about the brand you mentioned.

I know this old, but for others  who may be interested. You must consider how much back pressure the concentrator can overcome, in other words you must match the pressure of your cpap/bpap and still have the ability to provide needed o2.
Post Reply Post Reply
This wiki info may help:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._with_CPAP
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 811 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 1,007 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 401 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 605 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,162 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 454 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 575 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.