Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen Monitor at Home/Sleep Study at Home?
Oxygen Monitor at Home/Sleep Study at Home?
Is it possible to buy a gadget that monitors oxygen at home? During my sleep studies, they had that thing on my finger. However, since I only slept 208 minutes during my sleep study because it was loud, I wanted to check my oxygen levels overnight at home. Is there a way to monitor my pressure at home?

My oxygen was 91% without the cpap for 208 minutes of sleep over the course of 8 hours. I would think it would be worse st home since I sleep 8 hours at home. My oxygen was 92% during my titration, and I did not sleep a lot then, either. Are those low enough to cause attention and mild memory issues? I thought my doctor said my oxygen was fine on my titration, but 92% I believe is still slightly low.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen Monitor at Home/Sleep Study at Home?
(02-26-2015, 05:05 PM)Clearskiesaustin Wrote: Is it possible to buy a gadget that monitors oxygen at home? During my sleep studies, they had that thing on my finger. However, since I only slept 208 minutes during my sleep study because it was loud, I wanted to check my oxygen levels overnight at home. Is there a way to monitor my pressure at home?

Yes, There are several recording style oximeters. Most carry a designation of CMS-50D+, 50F, or 50I. Each one is a little different. The D+ is a finger only model that doesn't record the time. The 50F & I are a watch like unit with a finger probe. They both record the time along with the O2 and BP data. The F will only record 1 session to memory. The I will record up to 15 sessions and records perfusion index data as well. Just google any of those designations.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
and you memory and fuzzy head are a product of the lack of sleep, is related in a way to the body's reaction to your apneas, even though the O2 level did not get low enough to cause cell damage (at least by literature I have read).

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
A pulseox may give you a good indication you have sleep apnea, but you can have sleep apnea and not have it show up on a pulseox.

Some people have apneas, but wake up enough to stop the apnea before their blood O2 levels drop.

What you look for on a pulseox test is short term drops in SpO2, not a low level all night long.

You need a good recording pulseox. If you go for the CMS-50D+, the "plus" is critical. There's a CMS-50D that doesn't record, so it's not useful for a sleep apnea check.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 97 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 231 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 119 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.