Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen Monitor
Oxygen Monitor
What model is recommended for SH, and also is very easy to monitor on it's own, real time on a computer?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen Monitor
For use with Sleepyhead, Contec CMS50D+/E/F/I/H Oximeters. This is listed on Jed Mark's Soundforge page https://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Player, if you do get one mark the usb cable that comes with it it is special
oh you may have several others that have the same plugs but they won't
work with these meters. So mark it and don't lose it or you have to buy another
cable just like I did .
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info.

Is there a model that is rechargeable? Or do batteries last?

I thought I read before that the batteries went dead really fast in some models...
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the CMS50D+ is the only model that uses AAA cells, and all the others are rechargeable. It is also a finger clip model, so that's two strikes, and it doesn't have a real clock, just a use timer. so that's three strikes. I have a CMS50F, which is like a wrist watch - a great, big, plastic watch - with an elastic finger cuff. The display is tiny and sometimes dim, but it works OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wrist-worn CMS50I has a rechargeable battery and will record and hold a full week of sleep in 7 files; only the last data ID is visible on-wrist, but up to all 7 daily files are or can be visible and loadable as viewed in software. I've used it without any problem for a year. S/H integrates its data very easily, displaying synchronized graphs of pulse, spO2 and perfusion index along with usual Autoset 10 graphs and summary displays.

I have never seen it show less than 2 of 3 charge-indicator bars, but it does get a significant recharge every day as I process each night of sleep through the S/H, ResScan and CMS software (usually about 30-45 minutes).

As I understand, that model is/was not available in the US. I got mine using ebay (where I saw several ebay sources a year ago) and it came to me from China.

The software's screens for the CMS appear to allow feed and graphical portrayals from the rubber finger trap, but I've never found a compatible cable to wire that trap into USB port. After much searching I found what appeared to be the correct (now-deprecated mini USB adapter) but it was very slightly mismatched to the female mini-USB-look-alike on the CMS.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 918 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 525 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,061 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 417 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.