Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen concentrator in a cabin/power requirements
Cool 
Oxygen concentrator in a cabin/power requirements
Hello!  I am looking for some advice re minimum power requirements for an O2 concentrator.  I presently use APAP and am borderline for supplemental O2 at night where I live at 7000 ft in altitude.  My family has a cabin at 9000 ft where I would like to stay overnight, but its only power is a solar panel/golf cart battery set up that barely works the K-cup machine.  So, I am committed to buy a power station battery to use both there and as backup for power outages at home for the APAP, but from what I can glean from my research oxygen concentrators are power hogs.   Huh

The O2 concentrators I have are a Respironics Everflo and a Caire Freestyle Comfort portable (the latter I inherited from my mom who needed O2 during the day, and I think it only pulses).  At least at 7000 ft my O2 requirements are minimal - maybe 1 liter - but I have not tried 9000 ft yet.  

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Oxygen concentrator in a cabin/power requirements
My wife has a DeVilbiss stationery oxygen concentrator and the owners manual says that the unit uses 275 Watts @ 1 .2 LPM & below, and 310 watts as an overall average. I would assume that if power usage is nigher if you are using 4-5 LPM. It may be worthwhile to contact the manufacturer and ask for power requirements at various whole-number settings. That may provide some data that will be significant when you purchase a backup batter.

Another idea: the folks at the Oxygen Concentrator Store (you can guess the URL but I can't post it here) may be of help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen concentrator in a cabin/power requirements
Thank you for the suggestion! I will get in touch with them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was there a solution for “Check Power?” Jeffo1 10 689 06-13-2022, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Jchrishq
  Backup Power for AS11 Regular Joe 0 164 06-13-2022, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Regular Joe
  AirSense 11 makes "puffing" sounds after power off alexbtr 0 121 06-09-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: alexbtr
  PG&E: free battery for CPAP users suffering power outages in California NelsonM 5 264 06-07-2022, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Resmed H5i S9 how to dismantle case - power supply error kermit43 9 423 05-28-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: vk3hjq
  [Equipment] Will medicare pay for my oxygen condenser based on this result? ThinMountainAir 3 247 05-25-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: ThinMountainAir
  Low power Airsense 10 settings; no humidifier? camper2 7 434 05-05-2022, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.