Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More DME crapola
More DME crapola
I have a lovely RT but she seems uninformed about ResScan for the S 9 machines. The DME uses ResMed EasyCare an abbreviated report they send to the doctor and insurance. She told me ResScan was only for the S 8 series. So tonight I sent her info from the ResMed site regarding ResScan for The S9 series. Looks like an attempt to lock out ResMed from clinicians who rely totally on info from DME.
They are a phillips only operation.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More DME crapola
But, we can give the doctors info from ResScan (those with data capable ResMed machines).

I agree with you. One of the RT's I was dealing with told me so many things that were not correct. They don't even know how often we can order supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder how much of reports such as these are due to ulterior motives and how many are merely incompetence with computers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2013, 10:59 PM)JJJ Wrote: I wonder how much of reports such as these are due to ulterior motives and how many are merely incompetence with computers.

No reason it can't be both!

Post Reply Post Reply
I think it is a matter of they are RTs, not computer folks. The idea that only RTs could fit us for masks was a silly idea (in my opinion) and has resulted in a lot of people with the training in jobs where they haven't a clue what they are doing. They aren't doing respiratory therapy. They are sitting in an office and filing paperwork for their overly full caseload. Maybe a few times a day they see actual people. They don't have the time to keep up to date on masks unless the DME they work for is one of those that thinks they should know.

Heck, even the guy that calls me to remind me of supplies is undertrained. He's not an RT. He's just the supply guy. He didn't know ResMed made take-apart humidifier tubs when I asked for one last year. He sits at a phone and has a book in front of him. He only has that book. Anything not in that book does not exist.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2013, 10:59 PM)JJJ Wrote: I wonder how much of reports such as these are due to ulterior motives and how many are merely incompetence with computers.

An ample amount of both, I fear.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.