Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen mixed in with your cpap?
Oxygen mixed in with your cpap?
Has anyone here had a oxygen tank hooked up to your cpap machine??? Im still strugling with this fatigue. My thinking it that my o2 level is dropping. And co2 is taking its place. And that = fatigue and depression.
Im gonna ask my doctor if i can try it. Have any of you done this before? And what happend when you did mix o2 into your mask.

Thank you everyone. This apna stuff is no joke. It costed me $187,223.65 this last year. It broke me. Im financially screwed. I had to take off work. Use my credit cards to live. I used the last $350 on one of my cards to fly my dad out here to help me. Im too weak to help myself. Can u believe that..?. If it wasent for my wife working 6 days a week to try and compensate. I would have lost my house. My recording studio. Etc etc. I would go from livin large. To livin in a garage, lol.
Apnea is underestimated. And i can see how it will drop u off infront of a homeless schelter. And the thought of that, would make anyone Depressed.....then...
Depression causes fatigue..........&....fatigue causes depression........&......Sleep apnea causes fatigue........fatigue causes depression......depression caused fatigue.

Thats a bad chain. And im in it.

I wanna get some damm oxygen in my blood!!!

Chaddy511
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen mixed in with your cpap?
(04-23-2012, 04:41 AM)chaddy511 Wrote: Has anyone here had a oxygen tank hooked up to your cpap machine??? Im still strugling with this fatigue. My thinking it that my o2 level is dropping. And co2 is taking its place. And that = fatigue and depression.
Im gonna ask my doctor if i can try it. Have any of you done this before? And what happend when you did mix o2 into your mask.

Thank you everyone. This apna stuff is no joke. It costed me $187,223.65 this last year. It broke me. Im financially screwed. I had to take off work. Use my credit cards to live. I used the last $350 on one of my cards to fly my dad out here to help me. Im too weak to help myself. Can u believe that..?. If it wasent for my wife working 6 days a week to try and compensate. I would have lost my house. My recording studio. Etc etc. I would go from livin large. To livin in a garage, lol.
Apnea is underestimated. And i can see how it will drop u off infront of a homeless schelter. And the thought of that, would make anyone Depressed.....then...
Depression causes fatigue..........&....fatigue causes depression........&......Sleep apnea causes fatigue........fatigue causes depression......depression caused fatigue.

Thats a bad chain. And im in it.

I wanna get some damm oxygen in my blood!!!

Chaddy511
an overnite o2 test with a dme should cost about $30 full cost. they send an o2 recorder. you wear it overnite. it records your o2 levels. they pick it up in the morning and send the results to your doc. the rest is up to your doc. if you need an o2 generator, my 20% is about $37.00 per month.

your o2 could very well be dropping at night even with cpap and be causing your problems.

you must face the fact that there may be another undiagnosed problem causing your problems. it may not be an o2 problem.

you can also buy a pulse oximeter for around $80 that will record your o2 levels, but the doc is going to require an o2 study professionally done before he orders on with your cpap anyways. so may as well do that first.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
tel Dr you'd like to try o2 -I had 0 rem sleep for 17 years until I tried o2 - -It's nice to sleep now -sleep deprivation anxiety is gone. 14 sleep labs and 3 overnight o2 test failed big time..I'd suggest BiPap Auto to battle the nasty nasty central apneas which are subclinical in cases where sleep is elusive..Fire your Dr if he's no help and try another until you get real help..Craigslist has lots of new and used machines..Good Luck even getting care with Obamacare -the million new rules have screwed me every way to Friday and cost a fortune too..
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2012, 04:20 AM)sharkcity Wrote: tel Dr you'd like to try o2 -I had 0 rem sleep for 17 years until I tried o2 - -It's nice to sleep now -sleep deprivation anxiety is gone. 14 sleep labs and 3 overnight o2 test failed big time..I'd suggest BiPap Auto to battle the nasty nasty central apneas which are subclinical in cases where sleep is elusive..Fire your Dr if he's no help and try another until you get real help..Craigslist has lots of new and used machines..Good Luck even getting care with Obamacare -the million new rules have screwed me every way to Friday and cost a fortune too..

How Does the 02 hook up to your rig? Im very very intetested.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chaddy511,

You connect an oxygen generator by using an Oxigen Connector Port and, if needed, an Oxygen Diverter Valve.

If using a ClimateLine, you would need to place them at the xPAP mask end due to the way the climate line attaches to the H5i humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hi there, another mixed apnea here cexer 8 482 03-11-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 687 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 532 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,068 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 418 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.