Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wcsleep - Therapy Thread
RE: New to BiPap

Thanks for checking.
I put trigger sensitivity at high (rather than very high)
I felt pretty good when I woke up, but I can usually tell more about my sleep quality later in the day.
It looks like I hit a pressure of 12cm once,, but I cannot tell what breathing pattern pushed the machine up to that. 
I still see a number of CAs. Do you think they are idiopathic or something to be addressed?
Post Reply Post Reply
The increased minimum pressure seems to have eliminate the obstructive apnea component, CA is unchanged, pressure is more stable. To me this look like a good result you should repeat. You can try the very-high trigger and see if that makes any difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Here is last night's data with the pressure at 12cm/7cm. The trigger sensitivity is at very high. I felt pretty good this morning. Thoughts?

My sleep doc thinks that a range between Ipap and Epap should not be greater than 4. I dont understand this, nor do I understand why she is happy with an AHI under 5
regardless of leak rate or anything else. She also in not interested in Oscar date. I'm just trying to understand how to understand this thinking. If anyone has an analysis of this approach, it would be helpful

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your sleep doc is misunderstanding your settings. You have the machine set in Vauto mode with EPAP min 7 and IPAP max 12.0, but PS is only 3. So, your EPAP and IPAP are only 3-cm apart at any time. I'm sure she is thinking in terms of fixed bilevel, and if you were in S-mode your 12/7 would be PS 6 and I agree that would look like a disaster. Your therapy still looks very good and I don't see anything that needs to change, especially if you wake up feeling pretty good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help Sleeprider!
Post Reply Post Reply
Large Leaks (new)
I am now seeing a lot of Large Leaks that I never had before, although the AHIs are low. I am also experiencing very dry mouth during the night even though I am taping my mouth.
I have no idea what is going on. I have been using a nasal cushion because the pillows always irritate my nose. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wcsleep - Therapy Thread
Wcsleep - Since all your threads (6) deal with your therapy, I have merged them into one thread and renamed it. To make the thread more inclusive, I have renamed it, "Wcsleep - Therapy Thread". This will allow all readers easy access to your history of your trials and tribulations on CPAP therapy. I am also following this post up with a PM to you explaining the same message.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wcsleep - Therapy Thread
            here are my screenshots. I hope this comes through. I didn't do it differently than I have previously done when it worked well.

I am now seeing a lot of Large Leaks that I never had before, although the AHIs are low. I am also experiencing very dry mouth during the night even though I am taping my mouth.

I have no idea what is going on. I have been using a nasal cushion because the pillows always irritate my nose. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,343 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.