Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen saturation tracking
Oxygen saturation tracking
Hi. I use Resmed S9 CPAP with humidifier and Resmed Swift FX nasal pillow mask. Pressure is 9. Lately I've been having AHI readings on awakening between 6 and 9, not good. This morning finally got 3 after propping myself up on two pillows. Cumulative effect of insufficient oxygen has resulted in excessive yawning, taking deep breaths, etc. I'm wondering if I should invest in a finger oximeter that connects to my iPhone, so I know when it is necessary to change my pressure (yes I know how to change the settings). Recommendations, anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen saturation tracking
Recording oximeters are available online. They are not perfect; but can give a general idea as to PsaO2.
Supplier #19 on the list (see top of page) has several models.
As for connection to the iPhone -- I'm not familiar with it.

Why not use an auto cpap machine to adjust pressure as needed?
Unless you experience Central Apneas, an auto machine would seem appropriate. (In my personal opinion.)

The positional effect on Obstructive Apnea is well known. Either raise the angle of incline; or sleep on ones side.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip, especially the autoset part - I haven't yet accessed the Clinical Info menu on my CPAP, and I'll go now to check and make sure autoset is on.

Post Reply Post Reply
Darnation. I cannot change the mode from CPAP to Autoset - it stays locked into CPAP setting. I know the ResMed S9 Elite is capable of this feature. Do you or anyone know how I can make the change on my machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 Elite does not have auto pressure set (APAP) capability. You have a straight CPAP machine. It is still a good machine. There are several users that consider straight CPAP as more comfortable therapy so don't change without some serious analysis of your therapy results via software such as ResScan or Sleepyhead.

If you haven't tried sleeping on your side exclusively, do so. You will likely be amazed at how much improvement it will make with your AHI readings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2015, 08:13 PM)sanctuary Wrote: Darnation. I cannot change the mode from CPAP to Autoset - it stays locked into CPAP setting. I know the ResMed S9 Elite is capable of this feature. Do you or anyone know how I can make the change on my machine?

I do not think it can run Auto. Get the clinician's manual using the link at the top of the page.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sanctuary, welcome to Apnea Board.

As mentioned above, the S9 Elite is a fixed pressure machine and doesn't have an autoset mode. However, you can still optimise the therapy by making adjustments to the pressure. In order to do this, you need to obtain a copy of SleepyHead or ResScan software http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links These will give you a great deal of information about how your treatment is going and - with the help of the folks here - you will be able to improve the quality of your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sanctuary,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure but I think you can unlock your machine to change different settings if you need to,
Hang in there for more suggestions.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 65 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Ox saturation and CPAP therapy dandan1978 3 178 03-12-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 682 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,335 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
Exclaimation [Equipment] Sleep Tracking Ring Vako 7 352 02-14-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Vako
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.