Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen users
I have to have a little oxygen added to my cpap. The directions for doing this say the oxygen generator shouldn't be running till the cpap is on. I assume this is so that pure O2 doesn't flow back into the cpap and cause problems. But I like to have the noisy O2 generator in another room so I usually turn the O2 generator on walk to the bedroom and have the cpap running in a minuet or less as i doubt that would matter. But suppose I want to read an hour or so in bed before I sleep well in that case turning the O2 generator on an hour before the cpap wouldn't be all that good an idea but it's a bummer to get up walk to the other room and turn the generator on. Anyone here solved this little problem ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I turn on my cpap first. I do not worry about the software saying I have a leak. It clears the machine and hose.
For more information explore and read the wiki or just start with the link below.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not really. I turn the concentrator on just before I mask up and turn on the CPAP.
They are just being cautious when they say not to permit the concentrator to run first.

When I first got mine, I thought I would be clever and plug the concentrator into a remote controlled AC socket.
The idea was to leave to concentrator switch in the ON position; and remotely control the socket.
One problem. With the concentrator switch in the ON position and AC power OFF, the thing has a power alert that screams.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help. Old CPAP user coming back, Oxygen needed? mogulman 13 259 40 minutes ago
Last Post: mogulman
  Anyone start on CPAP and then add oxygen...? S.L. Ping Beauty 8 134 08-18-2017, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Oxygen Concentrator changed everything! methodicalfool 22 771 08-14-2017, 01:01 AM
Last Post: CR Mc
Question [Equipment] Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto BIPAP Oxygen Bleed In Issues mshelgamble 10 310 08-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Last Post: mshelgamble
  Winnipeg, Manitoba Users? ateeluck 7 189 07-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Last Post: ateeluck
  DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask users sleepytimegal 43 3,000 07-19-2017, 08:33 AM
Last Post: cate1898
Rainbow [Diagnosis] They want me to use a CPAP with oxygen concentrator Apneaprincess 50 10,960 07-15-2017, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla