Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen users
I have to have a little oxygen added to my cpap. The directions for doing this say the oxygen generator shouldn't be running till the cpap is on. I assume this is so that pure O2 doesn't flow back into the cpap and cause problems. But I like to have the noisy O2 generator in another room so I usually turn the O2 generator on walk to the bedroom and have the cpap running in a minuet or less as i doubt that would matter. But suppose I want to read an hour or so in bed before I sleep well in that case turning the O2 generator on an hour before the cpap wouldn't be all that good an idea but it's a bummer to get up walk to the other room and turn the generator on. Anyone here solved this little problem ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I turn on my cpap first. I do not worry about the software saying I have a leak. It clears the machine and hose.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not really. I turn the concentrator on just before I mask up and turn on the CPAP.
They are just being cautious when they say not to permit the concentrator to run first.

When I first got mine, I thought I would be clever and plug the concentrator into a remote controlled AC socket.
The idea was to leave to concentrator switch in the ON position; and remotely control the socket.
One problem. With the concentrator switch in the ON position and AC power OFF, the thing has a power alert that screams.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen concentrator... should I buy instead of rent? S.L. Ping Beauty 3 132 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
Question Users of Xylimelts and Amara View FFM CTcentrals 0 132 10-28-2017, 09:17 PM
Last Post: CTcentrals
  Extra Oxygen Eliminated My [Central] Apnea. Phil57 2 305 10-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Last Post: nicholb
  ASV users - effects of higher pressure vs CPAP? Stevie1under 7 340 10-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Stevie1under
  Oxygen Concentrator [while traveling] shortyd 8 270 10-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Last Post: shortyd
  Turning on Oxygen Concentrator before CPAP? mogulman 5 293 09-25-2017, 01:56 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Medicare rules for oxygen HalfAsleep 6 293 09-14-2017, 09:50 PM
Last Post: E.W.