Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen users
Oxygen users
I have to have a little oxygen added to my cpap. The directions for doing this say the oxygen generator shouldn't be running till the cpap is on. I assume this is so that pure O2 doesn't flow back into the cpap and cause problems. But I like to have the noisy O2 generator in another room so I usually turn the O2 generator on walk to the bedroom and have the cpap running in a minuet or less as i doubt that would matter. But suppose I want to read an hour or so in bed before I sleep well in that case turning the O2 generator on an hour before the cpap wouldn't be all that good an idea but it's a bummer to get up walk to the other room and turn the generator on. Anyone here solved this little problem ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen users
I turn on my cpap first. I do not worry about the software saying I have a leak. It clears the machine and hose.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen users
Not really. I turn the concentrator on just before I mask up and turn on the CPAP.
They are just being cautious when they say not to permit the concentrator to run first.

When I first got mine, I thought I would be clever and plug the concentrator into a remote controlled AC socket.
The idea was to leave to concentrator switch in the ON position; and remotely control the socket.
One problem. With the concentrator switch in the ON position and AC power OFF, the thing has a power alert that screams.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,870 8 hours ago
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 612 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 888 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 341 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 502 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,033 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 395 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.