Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New CPAP User waking up frequently, any ideas?
RE: New CPAP User waking up frequently, any ideas?
do you shave every day?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2022, 09:03 AM)GavinG Wrote: do you shave every day?

I do! But good question - have definitely needed a little more grooming on my nose hair to prevent pillow leaks...

Sorry for the late reply, just got back from traveling with the CPAP successfully!

I decided just before the trip to turn EPR to ramp-only to try and clear up the CA events based on the wiki and it seems to have worked! See attached for last night. 

Still a few events here and there but subjectively sleep quality is much improved and I'm *almost* sleeping through the night. The pattern I observe is that I sleep on my right side very well (deviated septum after all) and then get tired of that and roll over in the middle of the night, then sleep less well on my left side (which you can see in the data.)

This is definitely a journey... Now all I need to do is figure out if the septoplasty my ENT is pushing is actually going to make a difference here  Thinking-about

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
As I understand it, sleeping on the right side is the preferred position to mitigate sleep apnea. So if you sleep better on the right side, that is a bonus!!
Post Reply Post Reply
You dialed back EPR and saw a drop in CA events. Be aware events are NOT reported while on the ramp. You are likely having CA during the ramp. Especially in cases like this do not use EPR in Ramp only.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon! I will turn off the ramp or make it like 5 min or something just to get into it. I had turned on EPR at your suggestion earlier in the thread Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 281 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,472 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 169 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 155 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,034 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,010 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.