Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxylink Data File Import Question
Oxylink Data File Import Question
Hi there,
I'm new to the board and only a couple of weeks in on my therapy. OSCAR is working great with my Sleepstyle Auto data. Thanks to everyone whoever contributed to the project.
I decided to try and add oximetry data to OSCAR so I can figure out how much of a factor spO2 levels are in my sleep issues.

I purchased the Wellue/Viatom Oxylink (seems to be the cheaper little brother/sister of the O2 Ring, search for: "oxylink-wearable-pulse-oximeter") and decided to figure out how to get the data out of it.

Here's my currently all Apple setup:

2021 M1 iMac running MacOS Ventura 13.1
iPhone 13 mini running iOS 16.2
OSCAR 1.4.0
ViHealth 2.30.40
not that it matters but O2 Insight Pro 1.8.1

As referenced above, I've had no luck connecting to my oximeter with O2 Insight Pro, via Bluetooth or any other way.
OSCAR can't see the device, probably because even though I installed the virtual com port driver the supposedly proprietary USB cable had to be run through a USB C to USB A adapter to connect to my iMac. Or maybe I have no idea how to use a virtual com port on a mac.
So much for what would seem to be the simple straightforward ways to get the data into OSCAR.

I discovered that I could use the finder to view my iPhone as a somewhat limited file system, but lo and behold, there was the ViHealth app data folder including a folder called O2Data which I was able to drag copy to my iMac desktop.
Data acquired!

The files are timestamp-labeled .dat files like much of the documentation on here suggests they should be (i.e., "20230204004034.dat") but when I try to import them using the Wizard (selecting the ChoiceMMed MD300W1 import template, because that was the only filter described to import .dat files) OSCAR immediately crashes hard. I've also tried the other import filters and tried turning off "Set device date/time" to no avail.

Does anyone know if these .dat files need further modification to be importable into OSCAR. I would be happy to provide examples and actively participate in testing if that would be a useful contrbution to the community.

Thanks,
Dirk
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxylink Data File Import Question
Someday we will clean up all the oximetry import and put them all in one place...

But for now, the Wellvue import is found in the top menu under Data->Import Viatom/Wellvue Data

I'm not sure it will work for your model oximeter... search in the AB wiki for Wellvue for more instructions

Perhaps somebody with a Wellvue will come along and fill in the blanks
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
princeofdirkness, Welcome to Apnea Board!

I don't see that particular oximeter listed in the supported devices section of the wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Oximeters
So may not have ever been tested.

Since you can get to your binary files you may want to try the following:
  1. Make a copy of those *.dat files on your Mac
  2. remove the .dat extension.  This should leave you with just the filename in the format YYYYMMDDhhmmss
  3. Open OSCAR and go to your Daily screen.  From the OSCAR menubar select "Data > Import Viatom/Wellue Data"
  4. Select the file you just removed the extension from (make sure you are in the correct day on the Daily screen).
See if that will get the Oxy data to import into OSCAR.

More info on importing Viatom/Wellue data: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_Import

IIRC - that .dat extension came after the current version of OSCAR was released.  Viatom has a habit of changing things with every new software version.  It has been addressed in OSCAR and will be available in a future release at some point.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, and done!

I had to delete the .dat suffix but then they popped right in. Still kinda a PITA but I saved a few bucks.

Thanks,
Dirk
Post Reply Post Reply
I wrote up what worked for me to add to the Wiki but didn't feel comfortable diving in to doing that so here it is for a start for folks who may need it:

iOS App and MacOS (Oxylink specific instructions)

Download and install Viatom's free ViHealth iOS app. [link]
    Launch the app while your oximeter is turned on. The app will automatically detect it and download your data. If your oximeter is off, you can simply replug in the USB charging cable to turn it on.
    Connect your iPhone to your Mac with a USB to Lightning cable. (You may need to "Trust This Computer" on your iPhone to continue.)
    Open a new Finder window and navigate to your iPhone which should appear under "Locations" on the left side of the window.
    Once you are at the main info screen for your iPhone, Click on the "Files" tab at the top of the screen to reveal folders containing application data on your iPhone.
    Open the ViHealth folder listed there.
    The four most recent complete data files are found in the "O2Data" folder inside the ViHealth folder (named with the timestamp of when recording started and with the file-suffix ".dat").
    Option-drag (drag copy) the "O2Data" folder to your Mac. Remove the ".dat" file-suffix from each file you want to import.
    Import the files into OSCAR using the Data Menu of the app (not the Wizard) and choosing "Import Viatom/Wellue Data." You may select the "O2Data" folder or command-select the individual files inside it to import.

Hope this helps someone. Thanks everyone for their guidance. Looking forward to being an active and useful member of this community.
Dirk
Post Reply Post Reply
After posting code for Linux to perform bulk renaming of the "dat" files, Jeff8356 (I call him "MacJeff") published this code to do the same on a Mac. I hope you find it useful.

Code:
find . -name "*.dat" | while read f; do mv $f ${f%.dat}; done

or

for file in $(find . -name "*.dat"); do mv ${file} ${file%.dat}; done

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

One of the limitations of the device is that it only stores 4 sessions of data, chucking the oldest every day. so the max number of files to rename will never exceed 4.

It sure would be cool if it at least did 7 for a week at a time dump, but I'm super happy to get the data acquisition BS out of the way so I can start learning the relationships between all the numbers and what they mean for my sleep and health.

So happy to have found a responsive  and pleasant community. Maybe this internet bulletin board thing is okay after all.

Dirk
Post Reply Post Reply
We have our moments. Cool

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red, I forgot I posted those!

princeofdirkness, thanks for wrting that up. It will be added to the wiki as well as the OxyLink model.

For more info on the Apnea Board wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...iki_Editor

Happy to hear the data import worked out for you.....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I tested the iPhone method @princeofdirkness posted above and it works for the SleepU model as well.  My O2Data folder had 500+ binary files from all the time I have been using the SleepU.

An interesting quirk...
The ViHealth app (iPhone) does store the binary files with the .dat extension for both Oxylink and SleepU.  So when copying the O2Data folder, the .dat extension needs to be removed after it's copied to your Mac.  Took about 2 seconds to remove the .dat extension from all those files (in case your wondering).
Yet, if you choose the individual day in the ViHealth app and export the binary, there is no extension.  There are also no extensions used in any of my binary files in O2_Insight_Pro.

Hopefully they won't change any of that in the next ViHealth update... Oh-jeez
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 143 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,731 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 267 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.