Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P-10 Time over redline %/ Leakage
P-10 Time over redline %/ Leakage
This is puzzling me.  I use the P-10 (large) as a back up for the F20 AirFit when I need to let the bridge of my nose rest.  Have tried to use medium pillow several times but the smaller hole air restriction will not allow it.  Initially, my mouth would flop open and there would be an obvious leak or, leakage around the pillow plugs would become obvious.  This was found to be eliminated with cervical collar and a chin strap to overlay the P-10 headgear to keep it in place.  At least over multiple nights I have not discovered any mouth leakage as before.

I consistently am getting SH "Redline % between 40 and 50+%" with the P-10.  When using the AirFit FF it will be zero or almost zero.  Danged if I can figure out how/when the leakage is being registered.  I have tried to sleep lightly and be aware of anything that might give me a clue, but the only thing this has done is interrupt my sleeping.  When I figure it has been whipped, in the morning I am greeted with the sour, red, leakage symbol on the screen.

Have you had this happen and figured out 'why'?  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P-10 Time over redline %/ Leakage
That's a lot of leakage. I would be checking the mask hose for an leaks. Right where the hose ends at the vent area is often a place it can break.

Have you been waking up with a dry mouth?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 02:42 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: That's a lot of leakage. I would be checking the mask hose for an leaks. Right where the hose ends at the vent area is often a place it can break.

Have you been waking up with a dry mouth?

No leakage in mask hose or supply hose.
No dry mouth since using the collar and strap.
When I run the MaskFit check it says it's OK.

Thanks Walla..
Post Reply Post Reply
When you change from the full face mask to the pillows are you changing the mask type in the clinical menu to pillows so the intentional leak calculation is correct
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 03:46 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: When you change from the full face mask to the pillows are you changing the mask type in the clinical menu to pillows so the intentional leak calculation is correct

Yep!
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this will sound strange but try two things. 1. Switch the setting to full face mask while using the P10 and see what happens with the leak rate after a night.

2. If no change in leak rate try unplugging it and leave it for a minute to make sure it powers down. Than plug it back in and see if the leak rate looks better after a night.

If neither work and your sure you have no leaks take it back and get it fixed or replaced.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 05:16 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I know this will sound strange but try two things. 1. Switch the setting to full face mask while using the P10 and see what happens with the leak rate after a night.

2. If no change in leak rate try unplugging it and leave it for a minute to make sure it powers down. Than plug it back in and see if the leak rate looks better after a night.

If neither work and your sure you have no leaks take it back and get it fixed or replaced.

Walla; Did all the tests and concluded that it has to be a mouth-leak.  Beats me how I was not aware of it happening.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Awhile back another member described having the same problem. It turned out that he had the P10's pillow rotated 180 degrees out from the headgear attachment point. You probably already know this, but one side has a wide tab & slot and the other side has matching narrower ones.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you altered the P10's exhaust vent (or whatever it is called) by poking holes in it?

I've seen that recommended by various people, and thought to do it myself, as the fresh out-of-the-box version seemed to affect my ability to exhale. However I've found that, over time, the vent has 'opened up'.

Maybe the integrity of the exhaust vent has been compromised in some way?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2018, 08:01 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Awhile back another member described having the same problem.  It turned out that he had the P10's pillow rotated 180 degrees out from the headgear attachment point.  You probably already know this, but one side has a wide tab & slot and the other side has matching narrower ones.

Good luck!

Yep, right side up and pillow insert in correctly.

(01-19-2018, 08:34 AM)kiwii Wrote: Have you altered the P10's exhaust vent (or whatever it is called) by poking holes in it?

I've seen that recommended by various people, and thought to do it myself, as the fresh out-of-the-box version seemed to affect my ability to exhale. However I've found that, over time, the vent has 'opened up'.

Maybe the integrity of the exhaust vent has been compromised in some way?

Somehow I trust engineers more than my pointed pencil especially when I had to put over a hundred dollar bill on the counter for it Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 201 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.