Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P-10 Time over redline %/ Leakage
RE: P-10 Time over redline %/ Leakage
Too-funny

Good answer! I hope you find a solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found that the leak rate on the P10s for me crept up over time. Nothing to be alarmed about but it was more than my usual normal. I trialed the Brevida to see if it was me, the hose, the P10s and voila all's right and I'm using this mask now. Like the P10s go a size up. The Brevida has all the pros of the P10s without the minuses. It has adjustable straps which keeps the pillows on when you turn. So, perhaps trying the Brevida will allow you to enjoy a pillows mask without the leaks.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
sonicboom; Thanks for the input.  Last night I (think) mouth leakage was actually identified for the first time.  Prior, no matter how hard I tried it was undetectable except on charts (40+).

Afraid that I am unable 'to keep my mouth shut'  Dielaughing  

F-20 FF will 100% seal but the nose bridge pressure point issue drove me to the P-10.  I seem to be fooling around in the 14cm pressures now as vs 20++cm previously so the key may be backing off the headgear straps more with the lower pressures?!..
Post Reply Post Reply
Might you have put your P10 pillows in your mouth instead of your nose....... Newb error by yours truly.  Dielaughing

All you described happened to me. No matter what I did, I got the leaks from hell on the P10. I finally gave up and moved to the least leaky of the FFM's. I should have done so weeks before. I put myself through a lot of misery.

In another post today, I also put my little experiment to train myself on expertise on fixing leaks. The results pretty much turned me leakless. I felt way more confident with my treatment, too. I wrote up that little experiment in another post maybe an hour ago.

I use FFM only; no frou frou. I no longer have to worry about mouth relaxation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 203 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.