Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 & Dreamstation
P10 & Dreamstation
I'm using the Dreamstation and I just switched to the P!0 from the Amara View.  Do I need to change any settings on the Dreamstation?
Ryan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 & Dreamstation
Yes. The P10 is a Pillows type mask, the Amara View is a full face mask. Not sure about the Dreamstation but on the Resmed Airsense there are different settings for each mask type.
Post Reply Post Reply
I set the Mask Setting (resistance control) at x2 on my DreamStation Pro.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've heard that the Airsense has a setting for the type of mask (nasal, nasal pillows, full face, etc.)  It sounds like the Dreamstation doesn't have this type of setting?
Ryan
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it does... I use X1 for Dreamwear and X2 for Nuance Pro Mask

[Image: nPzUyK3l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I usually set it to x1 for full face masks. and x2 for nasal pillows.

you don't "need" to change it, but you can.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation Auto c-pap has a mask type setting in the menu under My set-up. You have a choice of X1 - X5. And you should be able to see on the packaging that your mask came in one of those numbers. I have read this number tells the machine how much built in leakage the mask has.
And this in turn helps the machine calculate leakage data.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you aren't using a PR mask, PR advises that you don't change the mask resistance setting (X1,X2 etc). just set it to off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,302 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.