Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 NASAL PILLOWS, HOW CAN I GET A BETTER SEAL?
P10 NASAL PILLOWS, HOW CAN I GET A BETTER SEAL?
Help I have been using the P10 pillow mask now for 4 months, size extra small. I have been waiting since Christmas for my DME to order new pillows. That's another story!
The extra small pillows were wearing out and I was waking up due to a lot of leaks.
So in the meantime, I switched to the size small. The size small wasn't that much bigger, but my nostrils must be slightly different as the left side just wound not seat well. I was up most of the night trying to reseat them, but no luck. The leaks and air blowing in my eyes were unbearable, so in the middle of the night, I changed back to the smaller pillows just to be able to sleep. Asking if anyone else who uses this mask has issues with the pillows? I have tried nasal gels and that doesn't help either.
I have read the reviews on this mask, so I know I'm in the minority here. I like the P10 if I could get the pillows to seal properly.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 NASAL PILLOWS, HOW CAN I GET A BETTER SEAL?
"They" say to go a size up to get the best seal. Or to shove it further up into the nostril. I don't recommend the second option.

I say try another mask. Oddly, that's the 2nd or 3rd time I've suggested that today. I'd not say it so often if folks weren't having so much trouble with it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2015, 09:38 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: "They" say to go a size up to get the best seal. Or to shove it further up into the nostril. I don't recommend the second option.

I say try another mask. Oddly, that's the 2nd or 3rd time I've suggested that today. I'd not say it so often if folks weren't having so much trouble with it.

Well, I've tried the size up, and the "shove it further up into the nostril" sounds painful. Oh-jeez I didn't want to give up on this mask, but I think it is time to try a different one. Thanks Paula for responding.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the P10 for a week and it was a disaster, so I went back to the Quattro Air FFM. That's just lately started blowing air into my eyes so I gave the P10 one last chance - hopeless! There are people who will tell you the P10 is the greatest thing this side of the second coming - it may be good for them, but (like all masks) it doesn't suit everybody.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the P10 worked for you with minimal leak for most of 4 months, then why try another mask. Just change the pillows. you can find them on eBay for ~$10 a piece or ~$16 at amazon for XS.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi roe1549,
If you just can't get the P10 to work for you, it's time to try another mask as there are many of them out there.
Just keep on tryin' 'til you find a mask that will work for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,756 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 395 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.