Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 Pillow Life Increase
P10 Pillow Life Increase
Am I the only one that has noticed that the newer P10 replacement pillows are lasting longer than their predecessors?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 Pillow Life Increase
How long did the old ones last? Do they start to fall apart and leak eventually?
Post Reply Post Reply
yeah, how do you know when they've stopped lasting?

I've had the same hose, mask assembly and headgear since Nov 2016. haven't had a tear or hole or cracking or brittleness or anything like that yet. (knocking on wood now)

I've alternated between 2 med pillows (unequally) snce Jan 2017. far as I can tell they're both going strong. of course some things change so incrementally we don't notice until we get new.

actually thinking about buying all new assembly this week just to have spare parts and to trial my wife on my currently unused apap.

it'll be interesting to see if I can tell any difference in comfort and leaks. have you?
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't noticed but I have a supply of them. When did you start noticing the difference?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Usually the pillow would start to leak as it wore out. Leaks would increase until you couldn't stop them.  It is like the linear resistance would decay as they got older.  This would occur about 3 months of use.  I found that installing O-rings under each pillow would offset this tension reduction and delay the leaks and increase the usable life considerably .   The new replacement is going on 9 months without any signs of leaking.  It would appear that Resmed has increased the wall thickness of the pillow support that is between the pillow and the pillow body.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the same P10 for 14 months. No problems. I wash every 6 months with just soap and water.
Previously, I did have a Swift LT mask go bad as the vent holes opened-up too much so it vented too much. I don't know if the vent wear was due to use or due to frequent washing with chlorine based cleaners.
Post Reply Post Reply
I could start a P10 nasal pillow warehouse. I get 2/month and just retire them, but due to their value can't bring myself to throw them away. I have dozens of these things.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Woh woh woh! I have questions for the last two posts:

Tedvpap: You only wash your mask once every six months?! I thought we were supposed to clean these things like every day???

Sleeprider: You go through two masks a month??? Is that to avoid having to clean them? Kind of like the joke about the millionaire who buys a new car when the ashtrays are full...
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2018, 08:26 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I could start a P10 nasal pillow warehouse. I get 2/month and just retire them, but due to their value can't bring myself to throw them away.  I have dozens of these things.

Yes.  I have read of people going many years without washing.  I wash the straps to help them shrink back to original shape to tighten them up.  I remove the pillow and wash in water when I see some mucus (every couple of months).  I wash everything about twice a year.  If my germs were going to kill me, I would have died A LONG time ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2018, 09:42 PM)tedvpap Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 08:26 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I could start a P10 nasal pillow warehouse. I get 2/month and just retire them, but due to their value can't bring myself to throw them away.  I have dozens of these things.

Yes.  I have read of people going many years without washing.  I wash the straps to help them shrink back to original shape to tighten them up.  I remove the pillow and wash in water when I see some mucus (every couple of months).  I wash everything about twice a year.  If my germs were going to kill me, I would have died A LONG time ago.

Wow you wash twice a year?  Your a cleaning machine!   Dielaughing
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 104 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 996 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 24 1,586 03-29-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 7 234 03-29-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Daveman
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 247 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 215 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 5,138 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.