Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 Pillow Life Increase
RE: P10 Pillow Life Increase
(07-13-2018, 08:42 AM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 03:42 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Intriguing.

I notice that my P10 cushions only last about 4 weeks.  After that, they stop sealing so well and they start flaring at the tip that goes in my nostril (which feels uncomfortable).  

But I haven't received new ones in a couple months, so it would be interesting to see if newer ones last longer.

What I *really need* is P10 headgear that doesn't get stretched out.

Hydrangea

I don't know if it is a option for you, but I have two P10 headgear pieces.  One I ordered from Supplier #1 and the other my insurance paid for.  I wash them weekly and put the one needing "refreshing" into a lingerie bag and throw it into the washer and dryer.  The alternate one goes on my mask which gives a better hold since it has been refreshed in the washer/dryer.

I also alternate between 2 headgears but also alternate frames too so I can scrub the vents thoroughly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
That is a good idea alternating frames also.  I usually clean my frames every couple of weeks, but I could improve upon that method I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply

I notice that my P10 cushions only last about 4 weeks.  After that, they stop sealing so well and they start flaring at the tip that goes in my nostril (which feels uncomfortable).  

But I haven't received new ones in a couple months, so it would be interesting to see if newer ones last longer.

Hydrangea

I don't know if it is a option for you, but I have two P10 headgear pieces.  One I ordered from Supplier #1 and the other my insurance paid for.  I wash them weekly and put the one needing "refreshing" into a lingerie bag and throw it into the washer and dryer.  The alternate one goes on my mask which gives a better hold since it has been refreshed in the washer/dryer.

Oh!  I had no idea it can withstand the washer/dryer!!!  That's a game-changer for me. Thank you!!!!!!!

Because I've had insurance issues due to my move, and also because I have to actually *call* my DME when I want a shipment, I've resorted to buying the mask from Amazon (better value than buying the individual pillow).  So I have 3 P10 mask sets, and I can definitely rotate them as I wash them.  I have just been rotating them according to which one is the least stretched out of the 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2018, 11:34 AM)Hydrangea Wrote:

Hydrangea

I don't know if it is a option for you, but I have two P10 headgear pieces.  One I ordered from [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #1 and the other my insurance paid for.  I wash them weekly and put the one needing "refreshing" into a lingerie bag and throw it into the washer and dryer.  The alternate one goes on my mask which gives a better hold since it has been refreshed in the washer/dryer.

Oh!  I had no idea it can withstand the washer/dryer!!!  That's a game-changer for me. Thank you!!!!!!!

Because I've had insurance issues due to my move, and also because I have to actually *call* my DME when I want a shipment, I've resorted to buying the mask from Amazon (better value than buying the individual pillow).  So I have 3 P10 mask sets, and I can definitely rotate them as I wash them.  I have just been rotating them according to which one is the least stretched out of the 3.
Well I am sure the company that makes the mask would NOT recommend my method, but like you I had insurance issues for awhile.  I figured what do I have to lose if I wash and dry it?  Lo and behold!  It seemed to work for me.  Personally my hair is quite oily so after almost a week, the headgear definitely needs washing.  Try and find a lingerie bag though cuz if you put them in with your regular laundry, my wash machine has the uncanny ability to twist the headgear a million times around a sock or a washcloth which is most aggravating!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Yep, I'll use a lingerie bag.  Easy peasy!  Thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
P.S. Some have mentioned there are places that might appreciate new cushions. Where could I find a place like that? I get the sets, so that means I have 2 other sizes (for each of the sets) that are just sitting around never being worn. (Since I order the fit packs on Amazon as that's often my only choice, in order to get a Large cushion.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2018, 08:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't resell consumables, and I do wash the nasal pillows.  I get mask replacements on a 6-month interval and 2-cushions per month.  I don't always take them, but in my case there is no deductible or copay.  I realize my good fortune in this, but don't abuse it.

I too have the good fortune of no deductible or copay, maybe I ray that up front in premiums but sooner think that the school board that I retired from still provides a great retiree package. I hope that will outlive me. As a FFM user I can get every three months; one mask with interface and headgear, one extra interface, filters and one 6' CPAP tubing. My Medicare Advantage pays a total of $257.88 for this package. I clean my mask and interface daily with a wet wipe. I disinfect the tubing with 50/50 water and vinegar and wash the headgear in a lingerie bag when the spirit moves me. When I have a few extras on hand for back up I skip an order of stretch out the intervals but try not to upset the apple cart with the current DME that I am happy with.

Stan
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
How To Attach Images And Files to your posts
Robysue's Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.
Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Yes, I heard masks last longer when you wipe them down daily with a wet wipe, so that's I do. I had no idea about the washer/dryer thing for the strap either, or that the Airfit P10 strap could even be removed!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2018, 12:56 PM)MrZennie Wrote: Yes, I heard masks last longer when you wipe them down daily with a wet wipe, so that's I do. I had no idea about the washer/dryer thing for the strap either, or that the Airfit P10 strap could even be removed!

Here is the link to Resmed's Guide. https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aloha nasal pillow user, looking for something else cornutt 7 165 11-22-2021, 11:12 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  AHI increase? UARS Titration help? TinyRussia 0 125 11-17-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: TinyRussia
  SD Card Slot life expectancy E.W. 4 168 11-12-2021, 08:41 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  new mask need different pillow cberistain 5 256 11-06-2021, 05:15 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Terrible Velcro On Philips Nuance Gel Pillow Mask Driving Me Nuts hyphicti 0 130 10-23-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: hyphicti
  Motor life exceeded worthog 31 22,063 10-23-2021, 09:28 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Nasal Pillow - Leaking & Stability (Swift II vs Anything Else)? Phil7 0 131 10-19-2021, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Phil7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.