Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 Pillow Life Increase
RE: P10 Pillow Life Increase
I had not noticed that the pillows changed at all. I was tossing every 6 weeks. However, I recently went from small to medium at the recommendation of someone on the board (my nose was always sore). I've been using the current medium for over 2 months now and it is still in great shape. Selling my other unopened smalls so that I can use the money for more mediums. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I probably have 30 used P10 pillows. I get some new ones now and then but ive nevers had one come apart and all of them are still usable. They do eventually get a little limp. I switch straps about once a week and then wash to one i remove. Every so often I try a different type mask but havent found one yet as good as the P10
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
You should also periodically clean the fine mesh vents with an old toothbrush and dish soap.
Post Reply Post Reply
I seem to remember that a lot of you on this forum get replacement pillows at a rate of 2 per month. I've often wondered what you all do with the extra pillows as I use mine for up to 6 months per pillow. Probably though that has a lot to do with the fact that my insurance only pays a lifetime $1000 (Cdn.) and I've maxed it out quite a while ago.

About the durability of these pillows, I have not noticed any change in them since I started using them in 2015.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed about 2 years ago that the pillows seemed to have reduced life span. Maybe they've recently improved? I go through about 2 per month. They get sort of floppy and don't fit as well after about 10 days in my experience. If I had to guess it would be that the manufacturing source has changed (again).
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2018, 04:11 PM)sansnap Wrote: I noticed about 2 years ago that the pillows seemed to have reduced life span. Maybe they've recently improved?  I go through about 2 per month.  They get sort of floppy and don't fit as well after about 10 days in my experience.  If I had to guess it would be that the manufacturing source has changed (again).

Others have mentioned that perceived change, too.  So you're not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to replace my P10 pillows about 4 times per year.  The symptom is that breathing through them becomes more difficult, as though the air passageway is collapsing.   This makes me take the thing off in the middle of the night, then I fall asleep without putting it back on and end up sometimes not making my minimum 4 hours per night. I wash them briefly every night with mild soap.

So I have 2-3 years worth of the old ones in a drawer.  They seem kind of delicate, so what is a safe way to rejuvenate them? 

Of course the DME wants to sell me a lot more of these but I told them "Don't call me;  I'll call you."   I have been calling them about once a year to order another batch of 4.   But the DME is getting much more difficult to deal with - do not answer phones, etc.  I'd find another one if I knew how to transfer my prescription so that Medicare keeps paying for the pillows.  I have checked a bunch of online stores and the going price seems to be US$19 each, though Amazon has them for a little less.  But Amazon is not about to bill Medicare for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 88 9 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 154 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,867 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 266 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.