Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 Pillow Life Increase
RE: P10 Pillow Life Increase
(07-13-2018, 08:42 AM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 03:42 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Intriguing.

I notice that my P10 cushions only last about 4 weeks.  After that, they stop sealing so well and they start flaring at the tip that goes in my nostril (which feels uncomfortable).  

But I haven't received new ones in a couple months, so it would be interesting to see if newer ones last longer.

What I *really need* is P10 headgear that doesn't get stretched out.

Hydrangea

I don't know if it is a option for you, but I have two P10 headgear pieces.  One I ordered from Supplier #1 and the other my insurance paid for.  I wash them weekly and put the one needing "refreshing" into a lingerie bag and throw it into the washer and dryer.  The alternate one goes on my mask which gives a better hold since it has been refreshed in the washer/dryer.

I also alternate between 2 headgears but also alternate frames too so I can scrub the vents thoroughly.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a good idea alternating frames also.  I usually clean my frames every couple of weeks, but I could improve upon that method I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply

I notice that my P10 cushions only last about 4 weeks.  After that, they stop sealing so well and they start flaring at the tip that goes in my nostril (which feels uncomfortable).  

But I haven't received new ones in a couple months, so it would be interesting to see if newer ones last longer.

Hydrangea

I don't know if it is a option for you, but I have two P10 headgear pieces.  One I ordered from Supplier #1 and the other my insurance paid for.  I wash them weekly and put the one needing "refreshing" into a lingerie bag and throw it into the washer and dryer.  The alternate one goes on my mask which gives a better hold since it has been refreshed in the washer/dryer.

Oh!  I had no idea it can withstand the washer/dryer!!!  That's a game-changer for me. Thank you!!!!!!!

Because I've had insurance issues due to my move, and also because I have to actually *call* my DME when I want a shipment, I've resorted to buying the mask from Amazon (better value than buying the individual pillow).  So I have 3 P10 mask sets, and I can definitely rotate them as I wash them.  I have just been rotating them according to which one is the least stretched out of the 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2018, 11:34 AM)Hydrangea Wrote:

Hydrangea

I don't know if it is a option for you, but I have two P10 headgear pieces.  One I ordered from [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #1 and the other my insurance paid for.  I wash them weekly and put the one needing "refreshing" into a lingerie bag and throw it into the washer and dryer.  The alternate one goes on my mask which gives a better hold since it has been refreshed in the washer/dryer.

Oh!  I had no idea it can withstand the washer/dryer!!!  That's a game-changer for me. Thank you!!!!!!!

Because I've had insurance issues due to my move, and also because I have to actually *call* my DME when I want a shipment, I've resorted to buying the mask from Amazon (better value than buying the individual pillow).  So I have 3 P10 mask sets, and I can definitely rotate them as I wash them.  I have just been rotating them according to which one is the least stretched out of the 3.
Well I am sure the company that makes the mask would NOT recommend my method, but like you I had insurance issues for awhile.  I figured what do I have to lose if I wash and dry it?  Lo and behold!  It seemed to work for me.  Personally my hair is quite oily so after almost a week, the headgear definitely needs washing.  Try and find a lingerie bag though cuz if you put them in with your regular laundry, my wash machine has the uncanny ability to twist the headgear a million times around a sock or a washcloth which is most aggravating!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I'll use a lingerie bag.  Easy peasy!  Thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
P.S. Some have mentioned there are places that might appreciate new cushions. Where could I find a place like that? I get the sets, so that means I have 2 other sizes (for each of the sets) that are just sitting around never being worn. (Since I order the fit packs on Amazon as that's often my only choice, in order to get a Large cushion.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2018, 08:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't resell consumables, and I do wash the nasal pillows.  I get mask replacements on a 6-month interval and 2-cushions per month.  I don't always take them, but in my case there is no deductible or copay.  I realize my good fortune in this, but don't abuse it.

I too have the good fortune of no deductible or copay, maybe I ray that up front in premiums but sooner think that the school board that I retired from still provides a great retiree package. I hope that will outlive me. As a FFM user I can get every three months; one mask with interface and headgear, one extra interface, filters and one 6' CPAP tubing. My Medicare Advantage pays a total of $257.88 for this package. I clean my mask and interface daily with a wet wipe. I disinfect the tubing with 50/50 water and vinegar and wash the headgear in a lingerie bag when the spirit moves me. When I have a few extras on hand for back up I skip an order of stretch out the intervals but try not to upset the apple cart with the current DME that I am happy with.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I heard masks last longer when you wipe them down daily with a wet wipe, so that's I do. I had no idea about the washer/dryer thing for the strap either, or that the Airfit P10 strap could even be removed!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2018, 12:56 PM)MrZennie Wrote: Yes, I heard masks last longer when you wipe them down daily with a wet wipe, so that's I do. I had no idea about the washer/dryer thing for the strap either, or that the Airfit P10 strap could even be removed!

Here is the link to Resmed's Guide. https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 84 6 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 154 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,865 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.