Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 Pillows wearing out?
The last few nights my P10 pillows seem to be fitting less well. I'm getting a lot of leaks and slippage. Is this common with the silicone pillows?

They are about 5 weeks old. I thought I would get more wear out of them.
Mine are going strong after 6 months. Have you washed them lately?
Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
I give them a rinse. Will do a thorough cleaning then.

I need to replace mine more often than sgearhart - they get "flappy" inside the nostril and seal badly at between 2 weeks and 1 mo of use. I get a new one once a mo, and toss any flappers. I currently have 3 xs and 3 sm that I am cycling between.\

and i wash them after each use....
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
It can also be your headgear is a little looser now than it was. You can wash it in really really hot water --- but not boiling --- and it will shrink back down to comfy, although not sloppily so, size.

Yep, wash mine everyday, but as DV said, they get soft. I can always tell, because they start to tickle the inside of my nose, and won't seal.

I replace mine between 4 and 6 weeks at the longest.

My P-10 pillows and mask is still going strong after 100 days. I wash the pillows daily with foaming hand soap and the tube assembly every other day and headgear every Sunday.

And I wear the p10 quite loose. I can feel the pillows inflate when my pressure hits.
Started APAP 4-20, Closed range to 7.5-14, then straight 8.0 w/ Aflex 3
RDI always below 1. But sleep much much better at straight pressure.
Started on F10, Tried Quattro Air successfully. Finally settled on P10.
I wash my P10 every week or two using Dawn detergent. I then rinse them thoroughly and dry them with a soft towel and some Q-Tips. The head gear gets the same wash job and, after a rinse, gets put flat in the microwave and nuked for about 45 seconds. . . medium rare.
Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
(04-28-2015, 12:35 PM)sgearhart Wrote: I wash my P10 every week or two using Dawn detergent. I then rinse them thoroughly and dry them with a soft towel and some Q-Tips. The head gear gets the same wash job and, after a rinse, gets put flat in the microwave and nuked for about 45 seconds. . . medium rare.

you only wash the pillows once a week? my nose gets sore if i don't wash everyday - washing is better than wipes too... admittedly, my immune system is not up to snuff (so to speak Bigwink )
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

I wash my pillows everyday, and they're holding up well so far.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using nasal pillows with cold sores in nose? sleepytimegal 7 190 01-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  [Equipment] Advice on transitioning from pillows to FFM? Strat0caster 12 605 12-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
Question AHI Higher AFter Switch from Nasal Pillows to Full Mask Sleepypokey 8 638 10-26-2016, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Kadenz
  Looking for Recommendations on Lightweight *Nasal* Mask (no pillows) Dreams of Green 16 916 10-24-2016, 05:20 PM
Last Post: TheDuke
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 21 2,015 10-18-2016, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Rcgop
  Opus 360 Nasal Pillows holden4th 1 239 09-29-2016, 05:33 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  ResMed Airfit P10 Pillows HL649 6 918 09-20-2016, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Hope2sleep