Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 Pillows wearing out?
P10 Pillows wearing out?
The last few nights my P10 pillows seem to be fitting less well. I'm getting a lot of leaks and slippage. Is this common with the silicone pillows?

They are about 5 weeks old. I thought I would get more wear out of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 Pillows wearing out?
Mine are going strong after 6 months. Have you washed them lately?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I give them a rinse. Will do a thorough cleaning then.
Post Reply Post Reply
I need to replace mine more often than sgearhart - they get "flappy" inside the nostril and seal badly at between 2 weeks and 1 mo of use. I get a new one once a mo, and toss any flappers. I currently have 3 xs and 3 sm that I am cycling between.\

and i wash them after each use....
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
It can also be your headgear is a little looser now than it was. You can wash it in really really hot water --- but not boiling --- and it will shrink back down to comfy, although not sloppily so, size.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, wash mine everyday, but as DV said, they get soft. I can always tell, because they start to tickle the inside of my nose, and won't seal.

I replace mine between 4 and 6 weeks at the longest.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My P-10 pillows and mask is still going strong after 100 days. I wash the pillows daily with foaming hand soap and the tube assembly every other day and headgear every Sunday.

And I wear the p10 quite loose. I can feel the pillows inflate when my pressure hits.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash my P10 every week or two using Dawn detergent. I then rinse them thoroughly and dry them with a soft towel and some Q-Tips. The head gear gets the same wash job and, after a rinse, gets put flat in the microwave and nuked for about 45 seconds. . . medium rare.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 12:35 PM)sgearhart Wrote: I wash my P10 every week or two using Dawn detergent. I then rinse them thoroughly and dry them with a soft towel and some Q-Tips. The head gear gets the same wash job and, after a rinse, gets put flat in the microwave and nuked for about 45 seconds. . . medium rare.

you only wash the pillows once a week? my nose gets sore if i don't wash everyday - washing is better than wipes too... admittedly, my immune system is not up to snuff (so to speak Bigwink )
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
I wash my pillows everyday, and they're holding up well so far.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,781 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 394 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 400 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  Haven't been able to fall asleep wearing biPAP AlgebraicMisery 1 240 02-17-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 935 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 487 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 531 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.