Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 Question
P10 Question
So I'm trying to Resmed P10 nasal pillow mask out. Last night was my first night. I woke up after about 5 hours and my nostrils were pretty sore. Is this normal or will I get more used to it? Or perhaps I have the headband too tight? It did kind of slip out of my nostrils a bit a few times as well, so I'm not sure I can loosen it too much more. I've read there are some mass liners or lubricants that some people use as well.

Finally, my machine has you select the mask type (nasal, pillow, face). I selected pillow. Was this correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 Question
my nose was sore for the first few days but it passed. using p10 for 5 years now. yes, select pillow, not nasal, in settings.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Same. I've been using the P10 for a month, 7+ hours every night. Some slight soreness in the nostrils that resolved within the first week or so. It's great now.
Post Reply Post Reply
In general, the right pillow size is larger than you may think, Most new users experience some initial discomfort. It may help to keep the straps fairly loose and spread them apart forward and to the rear for a looser fit. The head gear is tight when new.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding lubricants, advertising people have successfully brainwashed the public into the belief that the more something costs the better it will work. Sometimes that's true, but not in this case. I found that the best product is something that is not runny like oil; rather a greasy product that will stay put like petroleum jelly is indicated. For petroleum jelly the least expensive of the generic products is just as effective as Vaseline™. A buck's worth will last you several years. And if you already have a little tub of it in your medicine cabinet, that's the cheapest of all! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I found out that before put the mask I apply "Ayr saline nasal gel" around my nose and inside to avoid dry out. I have being sleeping better doing this.
Post Reply Post Reply
After trying the P10 medium and small nasal pillows, I’ve determined one nostril likes one, one likes the other, so depending on which I’m using….

For use with the medium, I purchased some lanolin cream which is like the petroleum jelly described above but natural and often used by nursing mothers, so I figured if safe for baby, safe for my nose! :-)

For use with the small, I saw someone here recommend RemZzzs nasal mask liners which have been a godsend for providing an innocuous and comfortable barrier between my (apparently) sensitive nose and the P10 pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,423 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.