Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card
SD card
I've been using a Resmed Autosense 10 for about 4 years. Wednesday I lost my SD card for Sleepyhead. Can't find it anywhere. I bought an SD with 64GB capacity. I didn't know that's too much capacity for the machine.  Won't accept it.  I have an old SD that's made for my machine. When I put it in the slot it comes up with disk error. What I'd like to do,if possible, is to reformat the disk, or wipe out the problem. I realize this may not be the right forum for my problem, but what the heck.Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD card
I suggest an upgrade to OSCAR as SleepyHead is no longer supported.

Your 64 Gb card should be ok to use in your ResMed device.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed 10 series only allows the maximum SD card size of 32GB. The new Resmed 11 series allows for much larger cards. Any SD card that is or below the 32GB size can be used. It needs to be formatted to a FAT32 format.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red,
I mistakenly typed 64Gb in my post. Should have been 32Gb.

Does anyone know the maximum size SD card for the ResMed 11?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think ScottZZZ said he was successful all the way up to a 256GB card.  Albeit, it will format it to a FAT32 and not an exFAT format.

Here is his comments:
(11-08-2021, 06:26 PM)ScottZZZ Wrote: It is true that the Airsense11 does not recognize exFAT.  But that isn't the end of the story.  If an SD formatted with exFAT or other unrecognized format is inserted, the AS11 *WILL* reformat that card to FAT32 and use it -- even if larger than 32gb.  

I tested this with 64gb, 128gb, and 256gb cards.  
  • All were exFAT before insertion.  
  • Upon inserting them into the AS11, the machine reformatted them to FAT32 at their full capacity, then created the standard AS11 data structures.  
  • Using the machine for a few minutes created session files, and those were readable by Oscar (at least using the Windows build of Oscar 1.3.0 on Windows10 -- I can't speak to Mac or Linux builds).  
  • Windows disk manager and chkdsk confirm the FAT32 format, full allocation size, and healthy format.

I also repeated the same test with a 64gb card formatted as NTFS.  Upon insertion, the AS11 promptly reformatted it to FAT32 and happily used it.

The maximum size for FAT32 is not 32gb as many people think.  The practical limit for FAT32 is 8tb, and most current OS's will recognize FAT32 formatted partitions up to at least 2tb. The native OS commands may not be able to create a large FAT32 partition, but the OS will read/write one -- and there are plenty of 3rd party utilities that will format partitions larger than 32gb as FAT32.  

I didn't test larger than 256gb, so I don't know the upper limit.  But the AS11 can definitely format, read, and write cards up to at least 256gb.

Now I am NOT suggesting anyone use a card larger than 32gb...  I am just saying the AS11 will work with them.  There's just no need for that much space in a PAP machine, as even a 4gb or 8gb card will accommodate YEARS of nightly PAP data.   But if all you have is a 64gb or 128gb card, the AS11 will happily reformat it and use it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 948 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 51,023 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,360 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,289 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.