Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 with breathe-right strips
Humidifier: built in
CPAP Pressure: 12.5
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: 2 months of mask hell, now using a P10

Sex: Female

P10 - a few issues
I've got a P10 and am using it and mostly things are great now.

However, I have 3 issues.

The first issue is that I quite often have the sensation of water in my nostrils, especially on going to bed. I've got the humidity level at 1 and the tube temperature at 27C. I don't know where the water is coming from.

The other huge issue is that I am constantly taking the mask off in the middle of the night, quite often after 2 hours and I don't remember doing it. Every morning I wake up and the thing is off. This is no good. I need to be using it all night.

The 3rd issue is related to the P10 headgear. It's very easy for it to slip off or move around. I don't know if it's possible to get another headgear for that has wider straps etc. and will stay solidly in place like other headgears.

TIA!
06-15-2016 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: P10 - a few issues
I sometimes feel a wet sensation in my nose, and will pull the mask away enough to do a quick "finger check". It's usually just nothing, but it's a quick way to reset.

Can't help you with taking off the mask. You're sleeping pretty deeply not to remember, so good for you, but stop it anyway Smile

Try spreading the straps a bit. Makes it stay in place better. You can also use a bobby pin or similar to hold it in place assuming you have more hair than I do, and there is also a product called a Pap Cap that some people like as it keeps the mask from slipping and can keep your hair under control. Paula did a review of it http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-PAPcap-by-Pur-Sleep

06-15-2016 03:03 PM
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation CPAP Pro
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 Pillows; Quatro Air FFM
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 cmH2O; no ramp; no C-Flex
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: Lung cancer survivor since 11/2004; CPAP since 11/2015

Hello, monikah.

I have found that the way the P10 is made makes it prone to holding more water than can evaporate between the inner and outer cones. I have been able to eliminate that by making sure to point the cones down and shake the water out after washing the pillow.

I have to use a chin strap due to mouth leaks. I have started wearing it over my P10 headgear. It prevents the headgear from slipping around and also makes it slightly harder to take the mask off. It may be something to look at. A properly fitted chin strap is not uncomfortable.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
06-15-2016 04:09 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
monikah123 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her

(06-15-2016 04:09 PM)pupcamper Wrote:  Hello, monikah.

I have found that the way the P10 is made makes it prone to holding more water than can evaporate between the inner and outer cones. I have been able to eliminate that by making sure to point the cones down and shake the water out after washing the pillow.

I have to use a chin strap due to mouth leaks. I have started wearing it over my P10 headgear. It prevents the headgear from slipping around and also makes it slightly harder to take the mask off. It may be something to look at. A properly fitted chin strap is not uncomfortable.

I actually do have a couple of chin straps and it does help like you describe. I am hoping to not to have use one, though. I don't seem to need it to keep my mouth closed.
06-15-2016 04:49 PM
T.Hud Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed ASV
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: N/A
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(06-15-2016 04:09 PM)pupcamper Wrote:  I have to use a chin strap due to mouth leaks. I have started wearing it over my P10 headgear. It prevents the headgear from slipping around and also makes it slightly harder to take the mask off. It may be something to look at. A properly fitted chin strap is not uncomfortable.

My P10 was slipping. I second the observation above, it's the best solution I've come up with. The chin strap I use is wide and helps stabilize the P10 straps on my head (I spread the straps out too).
06-15-2016 04:55 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
monikah123 Offline

Preferred Members

(06-15-2016 03:03 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  I sometimes feel a wet sensation in my nose, and will pull the mask away enough to do a quick "finger check". It's usually just nothing, but it's a quick way to reset.

Yeah, I do that all the time. When I'm breathing, I feel there is moisture in my nose, even if I started with a dry mask. Then I take the mask off and shake it and put it back on same thing. Drives me nuts.

(06-15-2016 03:03 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  Can't help you with taking off the mask. You're sleeping pretty deeply not to remember, so good for you, but stop it anyway Smile

Laugh-a-lot

(06-15-2016 03:03 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  Try spreading the straps a bit. Makes it stay in place better. You can also use a bobby pin or similar to hold it in place assuming you have more hair than I do, and there is also a product called a Pap Cap that some people like as it keeps the mask from slipping and can keep your hair under control. Paula did a review of it http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-PAPcap-by-Pur-Sleep

Ok, I will try this. Thanks.

(06-15-2016 04:09 PM)pupcamper Wrote:  Hello, monikah.

Yeah, I do this. I start with a dry mask, but still have issues with water. Unsure
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2016 05:07 PM by monikah123.)
06-15-2016 05:05 PM
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Maybe you are overfilling the humidifier tub? That can splash water up the hose and could get to your nose.
06-15-2016 07:11 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
photosmike Offline

New Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 8 to 14

Other Comments:

(06-15-2016 04:09 PM)pupcamper Wrote:  I have found that the way the P10 is made makes it prone to holding more water than can evaporate between the inner and outer cones. I have been able to eliminate that by making sure to point the cones down and shake the water out after washing the pillow.

I have the same problem, thanks for the information.

Mike
06-15-2016 07:53 PM
player Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed A10 Autoset For Her
Mask Make & Model: Resmed A10
Humidifier: Resmed A10 Autosset
CPAP Pressure: 11-16

Other Comments: It's a... mad world...

I make sure the heated hose is pointing straight up at the back. When the humidifier is full, having the hose this way seems to help prevent water in the tube.
06-16-2016 02:12 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
monikah123 Offline

Preferred Members

(06-16-2016 02:12 AM)player Wrote:  I make sure the heated hose is pointing straight up at the back. When the humidifier is full, having the hose this way seems to help prevent water in the tube.

Ok, thanks, I will try that.
06-18-2016 11:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One good night, now leak issues? sleepyguy99 8 303 Today 02:17 PM
Last Post: sleepyguy99
  [Pressure] Another New Player with Some Leak Issues Platypus 6 223 11-28-2016 06:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not so new member having mask leak issues erikk 9 347 11-26-2016 02:15 PM
Last Post: erikk
Smile [How to] FIX RESMED S+ SLEEP MONITOR BLUETOOTH ISSUES srlevine1 3 317 10-31-2016 11:55 AM
Last Post: sswenson
  Blood sugar issues after treating apnea with BIPAP Gugliano 7 411 10-21-2016 01:59 PM
Last Post: southerndoc
Exclaimation [Equipment] Electromagnetic Field Issues Kaleun 8 476 10-17-2016 06:47 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  New to this. Airsense 10 & Sinus issues Caseous 6 447 10-17-2016 06:02 PM
Last Post: Sleeeppp