Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 - a few issues
RE: P10 - a few issues
(06-15-2016, 01:05 PM)monikah123 Wrote: The first issue is that I quite often have the sensation of water in my nostrils, especially on going to bed. I've got the humidity level at 1 and the tube temperature at 27C. I don't know where the water is coming from.

I've experienced this sensation as well but mine seems to stem from my congestion when I move to a new sleeping side early in the night.

(06-15-2016, 01:05 PM)monikah123 Wrote: The 3rd issue is related to the P10 headgear. It's very easy for it to slip off or move around. I don't know if it's possible to get another headgear for that has wider straps etc. and will stay solidly in place like other headgears.

I've not yet had this issue but my DME said that the local ResMed rep suggested washing the headgear and letting it air dry to help shrink it. I've also read that others have folded and stitched some of the slack out of the loops to help customize the fit.

Good luck, I've just started this journey over a week ago myself.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 - a few issues
Hi Monikah,

You mention the sensation of water that keeps coming back, but I'm unclear if you're actually finding water when you check. I'd been using a Philips Nuance for the past 3 months (which is virtually identical to the P10, except the straps are actually adjustable), and I had a very similar sensation numerous times.

Basically, I would recommend experimenting with various humidity levels to see if it changes your experience. Initially, I ramped mine very high over time. Eventually, I experienced actual condensation dripping out of the nose piece when I detached it. Now, I've actually stopped using my humidifier altogether and I find it more comfortable.

Just be mindful that cool air temperature can trick you into thinking you're feeling moisture. Does your machine use heated tubing? If so, you could even experiment with using the heated tubing without any water in the humdifier in order to raise the temperature of the air to see if it changes the sensation.

Basically, just try to be sure of exactly what's causing the sensation, and it'll make it easier for you to make adjustments.

Good luck!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 52 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 186 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 214 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.