jckeller78 Offline

New Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: Integrated & Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 5 - 15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Started APAP Therapy on June 10, 2016.

Sex: Male

RE: P10 - a few issues
(06-15-2016 01:05 PM)monikah123 Wrote:  The first issue is that I quite often have the sensation of water in my nostrils, especially on going to bed. I've got the humidity level at 1 and the tube temperature at 27C. I don't know where the water is coming from.

I've experienced this sensation as well but mine seems to stem from my congestion when I move to a new sleeping side early in the night.

(06-15-2016 01:05 PM)monikah123 Wrote:  The 3rd issue is related to the P10 headgear. It's very easy for it to slip off or move around. I don't know if it's possible to get another headgear for that has wider straps etc. and will stay solidly in place like other headgears.

I've not yet had this issue but my DME said that the local ResMed rep suggested washing the headgear and letting it air dry to help shrink it. I've also read that others have folded and stitched some of the slack out of the loops to help customize the fit.

Good luck, I've just started this journey over a week ago myself.
06-19-2016 06:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
shawn42 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Philips DreamStation AutoBiPAP
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Philips DreamWear
Humidifier: detachable-- currently not using this
CPAP Pressure: 4-10 EP/IP, 2-4 PS, 3 BiFlex
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Using CMS50IW Pulse Oximeter; Diagnosis AHI 60.2 with 74% O2 Desaturation Nadir

Sex: Male

RE: P10 - a few issues
Hi Monikah,

You mention the sensation of water that keeps coming back, but I'm unclear if you're actually finding water when you check. I'd been using a Philips Nuance for the past 3 months (which is virtually identical to the P10, except the straps are actually adjustable), and I had a very similar sensation numerous times.

Basically, I would recommend experimenting with various humidity levels to see if it changes your experience. Initially, I ramped mine very high over time. Eventually, I experienced actual condensation dripping out of the nose piece when I detached it. Now, I've actually stopped using my humidifier altogether and I find it more comfortable.

Just be mindful that cool air temperature can trick you into thinking you're feeling moisture. Does your machine use heated tubing? If so, you could even experiment with using the heated tubing without any water in the humdifier in order to raise the temperature of the air to see if it changes the sensation.

Basically, just try to be sure of exactly what's causing the sensation, and it'll make it easier for you to make adjustments.

Good luck!!
06-20-2016 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One good night, now leak issues? sleepyguy99 11 390 Today 02:14 PM
Last Post: sleepyguy99
  [Pressure] Another New Player with Some Leak Issues Platypus 6 234 11-28-2016 06:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not so new member having mask leak issues erikk 9 365 11-26-2016 02:15 PM
Last Post: erikk
Smile [How to] FIX RESMED S+ SLEEP MONITOR BLUETOOTH ISSUES srlevine1 3 324 10-31-2016 11:55 AM
Last Post: sswenson
  Blood sugar issues after treating apnea with BIPAP Gugliano 7 423 10-21-2016 01:59 PM
Last Post: southerndoc
Exclaimation [Equipment] Electromagnetic Field Issues Kaleun 8 482 10-17-2016 06:47 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  New to this. Airsense 10 & Sinus issues Caseous 6 460 10-17-2016 06:02 PM
Last Post: Sleeeppp