Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 - a few issues
P10 - a few issues
I've got a P10 and am using it and mostly things are great now.

However, I have 3 issues.

The first issue is that I quite often have the sensation of water in my nostrils, especially on going to bed. I've got the humidity level at 1 and the tube temperature at 27C. I don't know where the water is coming from.

The other huge issue is that I am constantly taking the mask off in the middle of the night, quite often after 2 hours and I don't remember doing it. Every morning I wake up and the thing is off. This is no good. I need to be using it all night.

The 3rd issue is related to the P10 headgear. It's very easy for it to slip off or move around. I don't know if it's possible to get another headgear for that has wider straps etc. and will stay solidly in place like other headgears.

TIA!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 - a few issues
I sometimes feel a wet sensation in my nose, and will pull the mask away enough to do a quick "finger check". It's usually just nothing, but it's a quick way to reset.

Can't help you with taking off the mask. You're sleeping pretty deeply not to remember, so good for you, but stop it anyway Smile

Try spreading the straps a bit. Makes it stay in place better. You can also use a bobby pin or similar to hold it in place assuming you have more hair than I do, and there is also a product called a Pap Cap that some people like as it keeps the mask from slipping and can keep your hair under control. Paula did a review of it http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Pur-Sleep
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, monikah.

I have found that the way the P10 is made makes it prone to holding more water than can evaporate between the inner and outer cones. I have been able to eliminate that by making sure to point the cones down and shake the water out after washing the pillow.

I have to use a chin strap due to mouth leaks. I have started wearing it over my P10 headgear. It prevents the headgear from slipping around and also makes it slightly harder to take the mask off. It may be something to look at. A properly fitted chin strap is not uncomfortable.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2016, 04:09 PM)pupcamper Wrote: Hello, monikah.

I have found that the way the P10 is made makes it prone to holding more water than can evaporate between the inner and outer cones. I have been able to eliminate that by making sure to point the cones down and shake the water out after washing the pillow.

I have to use a chin strap due to mouth leaks. I have started wearing it over my P10 headgear. It prevents the headgear from slipping around and also makes it slightly harder to take the mask off. It may be something to look at. A properly fitted chin strap is not uncomfortable.

I actually do have a couple of chin straps and it does help like you describe. I am hoping to not to have use one, though. I don't seem to need it to keep my mouth closed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2016, 04:09 PM)pupcamper Wrote: I have to use a chin strap due to mouth leaks. I have started wearing it over my P10 headgear. It prevents the headgear from slipping around and also makes it slightly harder to take the mask off. It may be something to look at. A properly fitted chin strap is not uncomfortable.

My P10 was slipping. I second the observation above, it's the best solution I've come up with. The chin strap I use is wide and helps stabilize the P10 straps on my head (I spread the straps out too).
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2016, 03:03 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I sometimes feel a wet sensation in my nose, and will pull the mask away enough to do a quick "finger check". It's usually just nothing, but it's a quick way to reset.

Yeah, I do that all the time. When I'm breathing, I feel there is moisture in my nose, even if I started with a dry mask. Then I take the mask off and shake it and put it back on same thing. Drives me nuts.

(06-15-2016, 03:03 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Can't help you with taking off the mask. You're sleeping pretty deeply not to remember, so good for you, but stop it anyway Smile

Laugh-a-lot

(06-15-2016, 03:03 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Try spreading the straps a bit. Makes it stay in place better. You can also use a bobby pin or similar to hold it in place assuming you have more hair than I do, and there is also a product called a Pap Cap that some people like as it keeps the mask from slipping and can keep your hair under control. Paula did a review of it http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Pur-Sleep

Ok, I will try this. Thanks.

(06-15-2016, 04:09 PM)pupcamper Wrote: Hello, monikah.

Yeah, I do this. I start with a dry mask, but still have issues with water. Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe you are overfilling the humidifier tub? That can splash water up the hose and could get to your nose.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2016, 04:09 PM)pupcamper Wrote: I have found that the way the P10 is made makes it prone to holding more water than can evaporate between the inner and outer cones. I have been able to eliminate that by making sure to point the cones down and shake the water out after washing the pillow.

I have the same problem, thanks for the information.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
I make sure the heated hose is pointing straight up at the back. When the humidifier is full, having the hose this way seems to help prevent water in the tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2016, 02:12 AM)player Wrote: I make sure the heated hose is pointing straight up at the back. When the humidifier is full, having the hose this way seems to help prevent water in the tube.

Ok, thanks, I will try that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 52 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 187 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 214 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 250 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.