Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 cheek lines
P10 cheek lines
Has anyone figured out how to keep the P10 from leaving lines on your cheeks? I like the mask for the most part but, the cheek lines in the morning suck. I am out on a camping trip and using my Breeze mask and really like the fact it leaves no marks. BTW I am a side sleeper and I can always tell which side I slept on by the intensity of the cheek marks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 cheek lines
(04-03-2016, 09:11 AM)Rick_V Wrote: Has anyone figured out how to keep the P10 from leaving lines on your cheeks? I like the mask for the most part but, the cheek lines in the morning suck. I am out on a camping trip and using my Breeze mask and really like the fact it leaves no marks. BTW I am a side sleeper and I can always tell which side I slept on by the intensity of the cheek marks.

I have the same problem. I had a pair of straps I had used with a nasal mask and that helped considerably but they were too big for the P10 and as a result felt too bulky and uncomfortable. They were made of soft fleece. I recently bought a pair of straps for the Swift FX thinking that since they were from Res Med as well and appeared a lot smaller then what I had used they would work. Unfortunately although they fit perfectly and are comfortable they did not get rid of the marking, if anything it got worse. So kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't. Hate the marks but love the mask so I just go with the flow. The marks are gone within a couple of hours anyway.

Post Reply Post Reply
Try Pad A Cheek side strap covers. Google it for detailed info.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Possibly the top strap is pulled back too far from the crown area. If you try to move the top strap forward a bit, then the strap along the cheek area is looser.

Remember the nasal pillow doesn't have to be tight up against nostril. Adjust the two straps after the air pressure is on to make it a little looser, but not loose enough to get leaks.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't get any marks with the P10 but I did with my previous Optilife. I found that washing it in a delicate bag helped a lot. I just tossed it in along with a normal wash of clothes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2016, 01:30 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Possibly the top strap is pulled back too far from the crown area. If you try to move the top strap forward a bit, then the strap along the cheek area is looser.

Remember the nasal pillow doesn't have to be tight up against nostril. Adjust the two straps after the air pressure is on to make it a little looser, but not loose enough to get leaks.
Every time I move the top strap forward my leak rate increases. I worry that that may be a problem. It is hard to get a definitive answer on what an acceptable leak rate is though I average about 20 but there are spikes during the night that have gone as high as 40+ and are more prevalent when I move the strap forward. The leaks don't seem to wake me. Last night I slept with one of those Buckwheat husk pillows that I received from Amazon yesterday. I seemed to sleep better and the marks were minimal. I know my neck feels really good this am too and it is usually stiff.
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as you are not consistently over the leak redline of 24, (for ResMed machines), you should be ok, and small spikes here and there can be ignored.

As far as the P10 straps, you just have to play with it and go with comfort. You don't want it to feel too tight, but you don't want the nasal pillows to move either, plus we're dealing with one size fits all headgear, and we are all different. Wink

A lot of people seem to like the buckwheat husk pillows...I've never tried one.
I use the My Pillow, it seems to work well for a few days, then gets all bunched up.
Then I toss it in the dryer for a few minutes, and it fluffs up again.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do these leak rates look OK? They are from last night with the top strap between the crown of my head and my forehead.    
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 11:06 AM)Rick_V Wrote: Do these leak rates look OK? They are from last night with the top strap between the crown of my head and my forehead.

Rick: Best to start a new thread when asking about a new topic. That way you attract the right people to answer the question.

The short answer to your question is: No.
Leak rate is too high. You are going above the red line; and you have a period that looks like your mouth is open and leaking.
7.78% of the time you were in large leak. With a big chuck of that around 03:00 AM. Note how Sleepyhead shades the leak graph during periods of high leak.

Best work on that as therapy is not effective during periods of high leak.
It's not just strap tension and placement that is at work. The correct pillow size will inflate and seal the nostrils.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The strap should not be on your forehead. The P10 mask comes with a manual that shows a picture of mask/strap placement. Also there are videos on utube.

Also as Mongo stated, pillow size is a consideration. Most of us are recommended a size, only to find going one size up works better.

OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 611 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Are my breaths normal? Long pauses, jagged lines. Nathan Graves 5 977 07-23-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: car54
  What on earth do these wavy lines mean? fsc321 2 1,008 05-15-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: fsc321
Question Flat lines in flow rate, waking up in a panic cupcakechinchilla 10 1,352 11-29-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: cupcakechinchilla
  Lines on pressure chart yankees123 3 621 01-24-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Sad Jagged lines in mask pressure that leads to obstructive event? mruwu69 6 868 09-04-2021, 11:40 PM
Last Post: mruwu69
  My puffy cheek solution (nasal mask only) StaphAttack 2 995 07-24-2021, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Cpapian

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.