Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 cheek lines
RE: P10 cheek lines
(04-06-2016, 11:35 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The strap should not be on your forehead. The P10 mask comes with a manual that shows a picture of mask/strap placement. Also there are videos on utube.

Also as Mongo stated, pillow size is a consideration. Most of us are recommended a size, only to find going one size up works better.
Forehead may have been the wrong word. I have big head and the fact that it can't be adjusted the only way the pillows aren't shoved up my nose is to move the top strap forward of the top point of my head which I believe is causing the leak iissues.

On another note I went to a Airshow yesterday and forgot to put on sunblock. The weather was perfect and there was a nice breeze. Well my face ended up getting sunburned pretty bad and rather than be uncomfortable with the P10 I used my Breeze mask (no contact points on my face), Mask leaks were almost non existent. I have given the P10 a 4 month try but, think I am going back to the Breeze. The only real benefit of the P10 was the exhaust port not blowing concentrated air all over me and especially the Wife. If they come out with a version that has adjustable straps I may try it again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2016, 08:05 AM)Rick_V Wrote: Forehead may have been the wrong word. I have big head and the fact that it can't be adjusted the only way the pillows aren't shoved up my nose is to move the top strap forward of the top point of my head which I believe is causing the leak iissues.

On another note I went to a Airshow yesterday and forgot to put on sunblock. The weather was perfect and there was a nice breeze. Well my face ended up getting sunburned pretty bad and rather than be uncomfortable with the P10 I used my Breeze mask (no contact points on my face), Mask leaks were almost non existent. I have given the P10 a 4 month try but, think I am going back to the Breeze. The only real benefit of the P10 was the exhaust port not blowing concentrated air all over me and especially the Wife. If they come out with a version that has adjustable straps I may try it again.

Here is a workaround for making the P10 more adjustable.
[Image: P10%20Headstrap%20Mod.png]
I hope this may help.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So in the illustration above the hook end of the velcro strap just attaches to the P10 strap correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2016, 09:51 AM)Rick_V Wrote: So in the illustration above the hook end of the velcro strap just attaches to the P10 strap correct?

Yes. If you play with the headgear and a piece of velcro, you'll see how sticky they are together.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally did the mod yesterday(had to wait for the wife to get time to sew it). I used it last night and leak rates dropped significantly average was around 15 with a the highest spike around 26.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2016, 09:11 AM)Rick_V Wrote: Has anyone figured out how to keep the P10 from leaving lines on your cheeks? I like the mask for the most part but, the cheek lines in the morning suck. I am out on a camping trip and using my Breeze mask and really like the fact it leaves no marks. BTW I am a side sleeper and I can always tell which side I slept on by the intensity of the cheek marks.

This question comes up from time to time and I have asked it myself as well without getting the answers I was hoping for. If there's a way to eliminate strap lines without wadding up a bunch of padding then I don't know it.

I have been able to mitigate the problem by wearing the ruby chin strap (mouth breather) underneath the P10. Still get lines but not as deep (also get lines from the ruby straps).

Second thing is if I have an early meeting I set an alarm to wake up an hour before it's time to get up, remove the equipment, and go back to sleep without CPAP for the last hour.

Seems like it takes up to 2 hours for the lines to go away. Stimulation from a hot shower and a shaver helps rub them out a bit. Going back to sleep without equipment to let the pillow smooth out the lines helps a little, too.

Have not been able to prevent the lines but these are the things I do to try and deal with them.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread makes me happy to be retired. Only my chickens and goats get to see me in the morning and they don't mind lines to messy hair Smile
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 604 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Are my breaths normal? Long pauses, jagged lines. Nathan Graves 5 977 07-23-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: car54
  What on earth do these wavy lines mean? fsc321 2 1,006 05-15-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: fsc321
Question Flat lines in flow rate, waking up in a panic cupcakechinchilla 10 1,350 11-29-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: cupcakechinchilla
  Lines on pressure chart yankees123 3 619 01-24-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Sad Jagged lines in mask pressure that leads to obstructive event? mruwu69 6 866 09-04-2021, 11:40 PM
Last Post: mruwu69
  My puffy cheek solution (nasal mask only) StaphAttack 2 995 07-24-2021, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Cpapian

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.