Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Resmed S9 Humidifer failure?
Resmed S9 Humidifer failure?
So I unplug my Resmed S9's humidifier for a thorough cleaning. After cleaning it, I plug it back into the machine itself and ... It now says "Humidifier failure. Replace humidifier".

I mean, I just CLEANED the darned thing, I did not BREAK it.

Is it the humidifier or the S9 itself? Is there a workaround? Any tips?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 Humidifer failure?
Unfortunately they don't last forever. My S9 humidifier failed last year but was still within warranty (by about a month) and Resmed repaired it. They also (without my asking) replaced the blower motor "just in case". I was impressed.

(I should mention I had a five year warranty).
Post Reply Post Reply
Did they repair the S9 itself or the humidifier? I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly. Was it an actual humidifer failure, or a CPAP machine failure to find the humidifier working properly?
Post Reply Post Reply
No the humidifier failed (internal circuit) and was repaired. However Resmed required both blower unit and humidifier to be sent in, and they took the opportunity to update the blower motor at the same time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Money 
Wow I'll have to find a way to sleep sitting up if I'm going to send in my unit.  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a loan unit while mine was away.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 humidifer reservoir runs dry after 4 hours jwtm 18 1,202 12-24-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 20 3,294 12-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rhwoe
  Is this Dreamstation 2 humidifer dead? Lucky7 2 412 09-11-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  CPAP Failure, ASV Attempter, Still Failure ophiuchus 16 1,421 07-10-2023, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ophiuchus
  Humidifer water level not droping rp1scooter 11 3,859 02-20-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Set myself up for failure? Newbie768 4 541 01-15-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [Pressure] Maximum pressure in heart failure? edgnoj 0 485 11-04-2022, 04:58 AM
Last Post: edgnoj

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.