Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 mask Leaks -- Need advice please
P10 mask Leaks -- Need advice please
I am trying to use the P10 nasal pillows. I like the light weight and minimal footprint on my face. I have tried all 3 sizes S,M,L and have high leakage. I tape and use a chin strap. my mouth is not dry in the morning so I do not think it is mouth breathing. The large size actually wakes me with the leaks. The medium and small size both pass the mask test at 25 cm/h2o. My problem is the leaks later in the night. I have attached 2 charts. The 5/24 chart was with the P10 small insert. The 5/23 chart was with a large insert. I hope you can offer some advice, my FFM F20 airfit works very well no leaks but is very bulky and I have to tighten it so much it is uncomfortable and press down on the bridge of my nose causing me to have to nudge it right or left to open the nasal passage. The P10 I originally purchased was too loose so I started using my wifes P10 for her and the headgear fit much better.
The charts are to show the leakage.

[attachment=6159]
[attachment=6160]

Thanks for any advice on solving the leak problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 mask Leaks -- Need advice please
I don't have an answer to your question, but the F20 was not good for me either. However the new Dreamwear FFM is super comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect that you are mouth leaking. In the morning, check the integrity of your taping. Turn the machine off and take the mask off. Relax your face and exhale against the tape. If the seal is still good, you will not be able to exhale out of your mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nobody willing to share how you got the P10 to quit leaking????
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you try Ted's advice?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you've tried all the sizes and you're not mouth leaking, sometimes making a slight adjustment to the angle of the pillows against your nares can alleviate a bit of leaking. Works for me. OSCAR
Post Reply Post Reply
The only time I had a problem with leaking is when the RT insisted I wear a size x small pillow.  He was wrong....the size medium works best for me.  

The pillow should not be inserted into the nostrils, but just sit at the bottom of nose with the tips inserted a little.

I realize the straps are not adjustable, but I never had a problem with fit.  Just a  FYI...
The For Her straps are approximately an inch shorter than the For Him straps.

If your sure that you are not mouth breathing, then mabye it’s time to move on to a different mask. Dont-know

Even though I belong to that P10 cult, the mask is not for everyone.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are clips that can be used to "tighten" the fit.
Your leak rate is low at times so it does seal some of the time. So either mouth leaking or the bed pillow is pushing the mask around.
I sleep on the end of the bed pillow so it does not push the mask around when I am on my side. There are other pillow masks that are better secured.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I could offer advice but my experience with P10 is zero.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2018, 04:58 PM)gwc2795 Wrote: I am trying to use the P10 nasal pillows. I like the light weight and minimal footprint on my face. I have tried all 3 sizes S,M,L and have high leakage. I tape and use a chin strap. my mouth is not dry in the morning so I do not think it is mouth breathing. The large size actually wakes me with the leaks. The medium and small size both pass the mask test at 25 cm/h2o. My problem is the leaks later in the night. I have attached 2 charts. The 5/24 chart was with the P10 small insert. The 5/23 chart was with a large insert. I hope you can offer some advice, my FFM F20 airfit works very well no leaks but is very bulky and I have to tighten it so much it is uncomfortable and press down on the bridge of my nose causing me to have to nudge it right or left to open the nasal passage. The P10 I originally purchased was too loose so I started using my wifes P10 for her and the headgear fit much better.
The charts are to show the leakage.

Thanks for any advice on solving the leak problem.

Not looked at your data, but I suspect the headgear in moving during the night.
I have this problem with Nasal Pillows, what I did was to put on a chin strap and hook the headgear of the Nasal Pillows so the pillows would not slip, however this then caused the chine strap to move a well, so I put extra straps round the back of the head from the chin strap.  This helped for a while, but I am going to have to modify it again, it does not take much for the pillows to leak, just a slight movement.  I would use the Med' size and see if you can get the headgear to stay in place.  It does not take much leakage out of your mouth via your lips to give you a bit of leakage and it does not mean you will have a dry mouth.  I was fine with dry mouth last night but found I had a red angry face and 4 AHI this morning to my surprise, 0.0 yesterday and I woke up to a slight leak out of the side of one of the pillows, but it may have just started.
Do not use a size less than you need in Nasal Pillows, it will restrict the airflow.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 5 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,801 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 140 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.