Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 mask Leaks -- Need advice please
RE: P10 mask Leaks -- Need advice please
Thank you for all the replies. I have not tried ted's suggestion because I was already up this morning when I read it but will check it tomorrow morning. I don't know if it matters but the part with the vent some times seems to touch my upper lip, other times not so much, should it touch the upper lip or point slightly up. I have tried the straps seperated and with them together over my ears. Something that puzzles me is -- Are the pillows supposed to inflate and stay in your nare without the straps -- I wonder because the straps are so loose. I have tried to avoid piggy nose but am not always successful. I have read mentions of lanolin helping seal them. Would lanolin help seal them?

Sheepish
"sometimes making a slight adjustment to the angle of the pillows against your nares can alleviate a bit of leaking" how to adjust the angle?

sleep2snore the charts were with me wearing a chin strap that covers the back of my head with velcro fasteners on the top and back. The chin strap was put on after the P10 so the P10 straps were under the chin strap. you can use google to search for Anti-Snore Chin Strap by ZARU. I though this would keep the straps from moving around.

Again thanks for all the input. Need advice please
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2018, 02:35 PM)gwc2795 Wrote: Thank you for all the replies.

sleep2snore the charts were with me wearing a chin strap that covers the back of my head with velcro fasteners on the top and back. The chin strap was put on after the P10 so the P10 straps were under the chin strap. you can use google to search for Anti-Snore Chin Strap by ZARU. I though this would keep the straps from moving around.

Again thanks for all the input. Need advice please

I would have thought it would have stopped it from moving around as well, but is it moving around or do you not know what is causing the problem?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
sleep2snore I don't know what it is. It is strange.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2018, 02:35 PM)gwc2795 Wrote: I don't know if it matters but the part with the vent some times seems to touch my upper lip, other times not so much, should it touch the upper lip or point slightly up.

Sheepish
"sometimes making a slight adjustment to the angle of the pillows against your nares can alleviate a bit of leaking" how to adjust the angle?

Just adjust it manually, tilting it up or down slightly with your fingers. Just to be clear, the vent (AKA diffuser) should be pointing outward, away from your face, not inward onto your lip, right?

But if it's coming loose and leaking during the night, perhaps the suggestions of sleeping at the edge of your pillow, with the nosepiece extending just a little beyond it, could be tried. Or maybe get one of those specially designed pillows for CPAP users. See the forum's supplier list.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2018, 02:35 PM)gwc2795 Wrote: ... I don't know if it matters but the part with the vent some times seems to touch my upper lip, other times not so much, should it touch the upper lip or point slightly up...

It sounds like you may have the mask upside down.  Make sure the markings on the pillow face down.
Post Reply Post Reply
ted the L and R are being inserted into the correct nostril and the size marking is facing my upper lip.
I have been using paper surgical tape. I don't know if it is too thin???
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate to dissuade you from making the P10s work but the minimalist design makes it prone to leak. I used it a lot but the strap design leaves a lot to be desired. I would like to suggest to you that you try the F&P Brevida. Better strap design and a comfortable fit that doesn’t move with slight movement like the P10s because when air is turned on the mask seals around the nose so the vacuum created keeps things in place. It’s is as quiet as the P10s. Even vents better in my opinion. Love this mask. Nothing to lose in trying it.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2018, 06:20 PM)gwc2795 Wrote: ted the L and R are being inserted into the correct nostril and the size marking is facing my upper lip.
I have been using paper surgical tape. I don't know if it is too thin???

Thanks for checking.  Some times the car is actually out of gas so it is always good to check.

The strapping is minimal as it only needs to hold it in place - force is not needed to seal.  It fits my large head fine but it came with clips in case you need more strap tension.  If you don't have clips (anything such a paper clips) can be used to create a little more strap tension.  

Issues I have heard of are inadequate strap tension (which is the reason that clips are now included), instability for people who face-grind the bed pillow, and people who have asymmetry with the nostrils.
Post Reply Post Reply
.........Something that puzzles me is -- Are the pillows supposed to inflate and stay in your nare without the straps -- I wonder because the straps are so loose. I have tried to avoid piggy nose but am not always successful. I have read mentions of lanolin helping seal them. Would lanolin help seal them?......

The pillows sit just touching your nares and has to stay in place with the straps. I do not believe the pillows will stay in place without the straps. As I move quite a bit sometimes, my straps-one side of which sits at the top of my head and the other down by my neck moves and dislocates which sometimes causes some leaks. Do not understand what you mean by piggy nose. One thing I have learnt is that I have to wash the space between my nose and mouth thoroughly last thing every night and not apply any face cream to that area otherwise any body oils and my face cream will cause leaks. I have never used lanolin and cannot tell you if it helps.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2018, 01:25 PM)Apnea Infant Wrote: Do not understand what you mean by piggy nose.

Monstrils!

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...al-pillows
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 174 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 445 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,542 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 465 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 290 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,029 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.