Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 mask Leaks -- Need advice please
RE: P10 mask Leaks -- Need advice please
sleepless I sent you another PM
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2018, 06:14 PM)gwc2795 Wrote: sleepless I sent you another PM

Ah, but did you send it to sleepless or to sheepless? Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
ya, might be confusing. sleepless, sheepless & Sheepish too. didn't check for similar names when I signed up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
(05-30-2018, 06:54 PM)sheepless Wrote: ya, might be confusing. sleepless, sheepless & Sheepish too. didn't check for similar names when I signed up.

I resemble that remark. OSCAR
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have sent it to sheepless
Post Reply Post Reply
gwc, I finally have something potentially constructive to add to the p10 leak discussion: I don't remember if you are using a collar but my first night with soft cervical collar vastly reduced my leak rate. I am a little surprised because I don't think my jaw drops; usually just a tiny parting of lips. but I'll take it.

my wife thinks my leaks were coming from the mask. I'm not aware of that so much as the mouth leaks. I do know I used to get mask leak when the strap would climb forward over the top of my head and come close to falling off. shortening the stretched out strap by about 4 inches, in my case, and keeping the two bands together cranks it on pretty tightly (not uncomfortably but it is less comfortable than looser), so I haven't had that problem lately. as others have pointed out, it only takes a slight nudge to the mask, or even a yawn, cough, smile, grimace, etc., to slightly dislodge the pillow seal in the nares (! thanks Sheepish and others: did I use the new to me term properly?) and I don't know of a solution to that other than waking up enough to readjust - not ideal but apparently okay if leak doesn't exceed the 24L resmed threshold. I've seen other folks warn against tightening, and I'm sure it can be overdone, but I believe it has helped me reduce some leakage. I should add that I haven't tried this yet but my wife suggested taping the mask to both sides of my nose to help keep it in place.

others have mentioned experimenting with the 3 sizes of pillows (isn't there a 4th size in the for her model?)

lastly, gwc, you mention using a chin strap. if the strap is on over the p10 strap, it might also be pressing against the bowed plastic extensions that the strap attaches to. if so, that might distorting the design shape of the mask to cause a leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheeplish
I posted some info about the P10 in another thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SV-journey
In particular the sleep doctor  "I talked with her about problems with mask that the F20 airfit closed my nose and I could not adapt to the P10. She said the P10 would not work for me because my type of breathing would cause it to leak when the machine responded." So I am giving up on the P10. She also said my charts showed CSR and CA and I could not be treated by cpap or bipap.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks gwc. I might have read that and forgot. beyond me how the monitors, moderators and everybody else keep all of us straight and stay more or less current with all our many details. still, continuing the p10 discussion might help others, if anyone else cares to add to it. best luck gwc.
Post Reply Post Reply
I completely solved a very similar problem by using a nasal pillow with an adult sized pacifier which resulted in virtually zero air leakage. In fact after a small amount of time I didn't need the chin strap either.
Post Reply Post Reply
lazurm, I posted the following questions in response to your similar comment in another thread. just as relevant here.

lazurm, a pacifier was my first thought after failed taping due to beard/mustache. I tried a similar-ish anti snore affair that holds tongue tip outside mouth but leaks and drool were worse. any idea if pacifier affected to point of failure by facial hair? any suggestions for what and where to buy? do you have to strap it on somehow or just hold with teeth or suction? this might sound weird but have you noticed any realignment misalignment of teeth as a result?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 176 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 445 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,542 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 465 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 291 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,029 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.